N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Originally posted by Gotha

Gotha,
    thank you, a perfect example of racism..... judging people as a group rather than as individuals.
    david p.
    Yeah, I expected you to say something like this. Pretty easy to make assumptions like this and get away with it when I express a politically incorrect opinion, isn't it David?

I never said that all black people complain about unfair conditions.
    this is what you said -

Isn't it funny how black people in America are always complaining about how bad they get treated.
    I don't see how you can sit there and say that you didn't say that. What do you see when you read the above? I see racism, plain and simple.
    as soon as you start judging a group of people by what you consider to be group characteristics rather than individual characteristics, you leave yourself open to this kind of comment. What you said was a prime example.
    david p.

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

Isn't it funny how black people in America are always complaining about how bad they get treated.
    That's a rather sweeping statement, isn't it, Gotha? I mean, yeah - I know some black people with that attitude ... I also know some white people with the same attitude ... and oriental people who feel that way, etc - I dont' think it's something confined to race ...

Originally posted by david petley

Gotha,
    thank you, a perfect example of racism..... judging people as a group rather than as individuals.
    david p.
    Yeah, I expected you to say something like this. Pretty easy to make assumptions like this and get away with it when I express a politically incorrect opinion, isn't it David?

I never said that all black people complain about unfair conditions.
    this is what you said -

I don't see how you can sit there and say that you didn't say that. What do you see when you read the above? I see racism, plain and simple.
    as soon as you start judging a group of people by what you consider to be group characteristics rather than individual characteristics, you leave yourself open to this kind of comment. What you said was a prime example.
    david p.
    Oh, I see. I'm a racist because I made a politically incorrect statement. Apparently, intelligence isn't a prerequisite for being a FlashKit moderator because what I did was generalize--it has nothing to do with racism. Why don't you go look these words up in a dictionary Dave before you go tossing them around...

By the way, I never said "All black people..." But since I generalized, you thought it would be convenient to just assume that's what I meant.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.

Oh, I see. I'm a racist because I made a politically incorrect statement. Apparently, intelligence isn't a prerequisite for being a FlashKit moderator because what I did was generalize--it has nothing to do with racism. Why don't you go look these words up in a dictionary Dave before you go tossing them around...

By the way, I never said "All black people..." But since I generalized, you thought it would be convenient to just assume that's what I meant.
    Generalising is exactly what racists do. Criticising a group of people based on their skin color rather than their individual personalities is racist.

Saying 'black people' instead of 'all black people' means the same thing to me.

And no, intelligence is not a prerequisite for being a FK moderator. Being able to deal with stupidity without anger is far more important.
    david p.

no, its was after I caught my wedding tackle in the car door, i was walking like a baboon for ten weeks!

ooops! sorry people, wrong thread!

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

And no, intelligence is not a prerequisite for being a FK moderator. Being able to deal with stupidity without anger is far more important.
    david p.
    hahahaha gotta love this guy.

Making generalizations just ... well ... People who use the screen name Gotha never think before opening their mouth. ... See ... it just doesn't go over well ...

Re: Hmm,

Originally posted by DaPurno
    Well there was something about that on tv here in Holland. there a lots of moslims from Afghanistan here that all shout "Aaah they are attacking my country the stupid USA bla bla bla". And they start saying our goverment should not support them etc. Well if you are so pro-afghanistan..why do you live in Holland ? Go there and help,fight what ever. that is what I dont get. Not that I am a racist but..I think that is pretty silly to.
    I'm sorry DaPurno but that post is just unfair.

Alright, work with me for a sec.

Tommorow there was a revolution in Holland and some really bad people took over.

You move to...umm...Canada, whatever.

Another country starts bombing Holland.

Although you don't like the bad people running Holland, you still wouldn't want your own home country bombed, right?

You wouldn't want the many people you know who are still living there hurt, right?

----
    It's easy to say those things...but think for a sec.

seriously.
    [Edited by squink on 10-27-2001 at 06:50 PM]

hark at you!

maughrim

ok not just racism now, ageism

maughrim i really dont respect that comment about my age

just because im 15 go do my homework bla bla

i do my homework fine thanks and maybe it is just teenage angst.but i still think that we should all try and do a little but more

gerbick in relevance to your earlier post me and my friend are active ati-racists thankyou very much

we participated in the a=nti-fascist, anti-rascist groop in our city

so i do do something for rascism in my area

riskierpig... good for you.

I hope that others follow your example, and try to rid the world of racism. It makes enemies out of people that can be allies.

gerbick i respect you for what youve done

i look up to you and many should follow your example

compared to what 2-3, or even more generations back had to put up with, I am lucky. I can vote, I can go to any university in the world, I have plenty of options that they did not have. Due to their struggles. All I can do is continue the struggles against racism.

Originally posted by riskierpig
    gerbick i respect you for what youve done

i look up to you and many should follow your example

wise comment

Generalising is exactly what racists do. Criticising a group of people based on their skin color rather than their individual personalities is racist.
    Again, your stupidity shows. I strongly suggest that you open a dictionary before you start using words like that.

Why do I generalize? I generalize because I see it everywhere. It always pops up in the media, and frankly I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about it. If you can't handle my opinion, well, that's tough s***.

david p.
    If only the rest of us had the patience to deal with yours...

[Edited by Gotha on 10-27-2001 at 06:49 PM]

Gotha, if I was black, i would have taken offense to your comment.

You are a white male. Be proud, you don't have to deal with the racism of the world. Neither do I.

Don't pile it on though. Saying American blacks whine is pretty ignorant and racist.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.

If only the rest of us had the patience to deal with yours...

what's this 'rest of us' business tonto? Speak for yourself or get a petition together (off-line).
    You are more than welcome to leave if you find it too difficult with me being a moderator here.
    david p.

If you can't handle my opinion, well, that's tough s***.
    He is a Super mod you know?
    You made a generalization against all american blacks.

Are you friends with any American black? Of course not! Because they call complain!
    Now tell me thats not racist.

gotha those who are like you is why i posted this thread

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    If you can't handle my opinion, well, that's tough s***.
    you say that like there is nothing I can do about it.
    If I decide that you have made a racist post, then I can remove either it and/or you.

the rules -
    You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

now.....I am one of the people who can actually make the decision on whether your posts fall into one or any of the above categories, so it's more like tough s**t for you really.
    david p.