dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is Flash 5 worth it?

Hi,
    I'm still using flash 4 mainly because of the statistics macromedia recently put out that over 90% of users have the flash 4 player while only 75% have the flash 5 player. What has been any of your experiences regarding this? Do you think that flash 5 is worth the money?

The Actionscripting alone is worth it !!

Where have I been ??

Lightbulb Personally...

I personally use Flash 4 for a majority of anything I do. Though in the near future (6 months) I will be using Flash 5 for the advancements it has over 4. Mainly, as estudioworks stated, because of the actionscripting. But, as I tell friends of mine who are just getting into flash, start with 4. Learn the basics of tweening, basic button creation. When you are sure you have everything under control with standard flash movie production, then goto Flash 5. For someone starting off learning the basics, they don't need the heavy incorporation of Actionscript that 5 offers.

I would reccommend you get using v5 as soon as you can, v6 will be out before long and the advancements will be even better than before. I upgraded to v5 not long after it came out and never looked back

fk's official minger
    flash 5 is undoubtedly better - not just for the actionscript but also the convenience of the pallettes - sooo much quicker!