A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loading variables thro' PHP

Smile

hi, i am a new user of FLASH. i want to send variables from one .swf to another .swf? how can i do it? i only know how to make a .swf to read variables from text files. but can i directly send variables from one .swf to another? can i do this with PHP?

You can do it directly in flash if you have both swf loaded in the same window. For example have a.swf in level_0 and b.swf in level_1. When you test a movie go to control adn list variables that will give you the list of all the variables and the paths how to get to them.
    Hope this helps

Talking

thanks for your help. but can you tell me how to assign a .swf to a specific level? i don't know whether i have a misunderstanding or not. but every .swf should have its own levels, starting from level 0 and up, right? so what do you mean by one .swf at level 0 and another at level 1? and for "loaded in the same window", do you mean two .swf-s attached in the same html file?

think of it as sheets of glass.
    the swf you emmbed is at level0 by default. You can use load movie(whatever.swf) into level1. this is like putting your level on top of the first and still being able to see both.

If you want to pass a value from level1 to level0 you would set variable _level0/:var=var(expression)