A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How to create vector video animation

resolved

Does any1 know how to create a vector video animation? please help me

If by that you mean 'can I output Flash to video' then yes you can. It is quite easy too.

Firstly, make sure you have a graphics card with either a composite or S-video output (unless you are rich then you'll have digital out to a DV unit).

Next, make sure the movie is the correct aspect ratio (over here in the UK its 5:4 for normal or 16:9 for widescreen. Obviously this will be different for US). I'm not sure if you need to set the actual movie size to fit or if just the ratio will do - it might depend on how good your VGA card is.

Then all you do is export the movie to, say, quicktime and its done - just play the movie fullscreen and press record on your video. For an even quicker method, load the movie in IE and hit F11 for full screen playback.

Poser

Most of the vector animations you see here where created using Poser 4 by metacreations. The animation is created and exported as an image sequence, imported into flash traced using the trace bitmap feature.

Cheers,

Clayton

Do you know if flash can trace each frame of an imported video clip together or if you have to do them separately?

Not that i know of

All though I've only tried mov files.

Smile

ta.. i'll try