A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: object type 'arra''4w' cannot be created

Was working all night on an update for a website, when out of nowhere I go to save and get the message:

"object type 'arra''4W' cannot be created"

I HAVE to have this done by the end of this weekend, and no matter what I do, I repeatedly get this message, both when I go to open and save a file(export is impossiple). I have gone as far as to completely remove and reinstall the program, nothing works, and it happens in all versions(2.5, 3.08, and 3.11).

If anyone has experienced this problem before, or has any clue what-so-ever as to what might be going on, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP.....................

If it means anything, I was saving a file that had a duplicated object that scrolled in opposite directions(I do this often so I don't think that the problem is there, but at this point, I just don't know).

-Jason

MMm..

I had that error before. I had to reinstall the program in order for it to work again. I think. I am trying to remember what it was I did. I got it everytime I went to reopen that particular movie I was working on.

For the life of me, I can't remember why it did that. Ugh. I wish I could help. I believe a certain file was changed that couldn't be, and it caused the problem. But I am not that technically inclined.

As far as I recall, I ended up starting over again.

If I remember more, I will post. I am sorry I couldn't help you more.

~Karen.

oh, to add..

I found the file that gave me the error.

You can open the _Movie file. Not the .Movie file. It will open it up as a time line. It may allow you to export it that way, so at least you have it on file.

I am not sure.

Hope this helps some how.

Oddly enough, by clearing all the recent movies in the recent files, the problem seems to have fixed itself. Hopefully it doesn't happen again, but if it does, at least I know how to fix it.

-Jason