A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: unbelievable if true (if that makes any sense:) )

take a look at this!

http://www.codecharge.com/index2.html

do you think it really works??? I'm about ready to buy it!

does anyone know anything about it?

Seth

p.s. i've talked to some people over at http://www.StudioWhiz.com and a couple of them either use it or know someone who does and they think highly of it.

"CodeCharge costs only 149 USD and is more powerful than similar tools sold for 6000 USD"

I dont know man, that statement on their site is pretty strange. Dreamweaver UltraDev does a damn good job at creating ASP, ColdFusion, and JSP code. Its a little more pricey - less than 500 I think? (not anywhere near 6000), but you get the best HTML editor around to go with it.

I dont know though, because Ive never tried this product.

sounds interesting, ultradev doesn't offer a point and click interface... i would like to hear some testimonials from people here

UNified

Some feedback from another forum...

I took a look and here's what i think (not a review , just personal impressions):
    for what it's worth - the proggy is very cool . It's not very robust on features or optimization and management tools , but it will get you started
    we tried the following at work :
    created medium relational database (~ 6000 records, 20 entities) and used ready-made template (ASP 3,IIS 5) to make an e-commerce front (page per entity). Well , it generated a working code
    Then we looked at the code - not great but OK .
    What i didn't like though - after manual code clean-up & optimization , the result was ~ 15% performance gain (faster , smoother). Which means , it's best to inspect the generated code and use it as the starting point . It's slow when it comes to large scaled tasks . Eats a LOT of resources as well .
    But overall , this thingy may indeed serve as practical time-saver .
    Definitely something to watch out for , i also liked the ASP.Net/C# presence in language selection and I also liked the fact that their support/discussion forum is active and most questions seem to be answered .
    DV

here's what some people said in the discussion forum for it.

it sounds good!

Seth

http://www.gotocode.com/disc_viewt.asp?mid=3942&