dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Virtual mouseover scroll in SWiSH. Check it out!

  1. #1
    Mouseovered 'virtual imagescrolling' can be done in Flash, and its quite easy to do.

    http://www.clicktoview.tv

  2. #2
    Swiftdev Founder 98svt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Posts
    2,139
    Did you create it in flash, then use the load movie command to import it into swish? Or was it created all in swish?

    Mike

  3. #3
    Senior Member Lys12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    5,237
    yes it can be done in flash and yes, it can be done in swish as well.

    since this is the swish helpforum, let me guess: you used the new transform action in swish, setup some rectangles and applied mouseover actions to them?

  4. #4
    Originally posted by Lys12
    yes it can be done in flash and yes, it can be done in swish as well.

    since this is the swish helpforum, let me guess: you used the new transform action in swish, setup some rectangles and applied mouseover actions to them?
    Getting warmer That 'transform' is good, isn't it! but I haven't got into that side of it yet...

    Looks like you might have. Your banners interactivity is immpressive. Did you do it in SWiSH? of did you do it in Flash...

  5. #5
    Originally posted by 98svt
    Did you create it in flash, then use the load movie command to import it into swish? Or was it created all in swish?

    Mike
    100% SWiSH... All the way

  6. #6
    UNified
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Montville QLD
    Posts
    6,161
    Is this panorama scroller a SITE CHECK or are you seeking some help or giving some help.
    If its a site check (as it seems to me) the Ill move it to the Site check forum.
    If its Help, what help is needed or given?

  7. #7
    Originally posted by jofta
    Is this panorama scroller a SITE CHECK or are you seeking some help or giving some help.
    If its a site check (as it seems to me) the Ill move it to the Site check forum.
    If its Help, what help is needed or given?
    Actually, I'm trying to get a discussion going to see if there are any other techniques in doing this. I was hoping someone would work out that it's ACTUALLY an adapted variation of another script that has been previously posted.

    Now if it really was a site check.. where could the feedback be on this? No one has replied in 'site check mode', and after all we're only talking about 5% of the total site!!

    I mean, Where else am I supposed to have a conversation about anything here. Or are we all a bit too serious about our responsibilities

    This is definitely 'specific' and the site is already posted in the general flash check because no one appears to bothers with the Swish one.

    Please allow us to discuss this issue and not squash the only section on swish thaT ALLOWS FREEDOM OF SPEECH

  8. #8
    UNified
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Montville QLD
    Posts
    6,161
    So..instead of "Mouseovered 'virtual imagescrolling' can be done in Flash, and its quite easy to do. " you are in fact asking for a discussion on scrolling.

    I must have missed that.... sorry.

    Scrolling especially 360 panorama style has been cracked pretty well in Swish. The examples available from a search are interesting and Gerry 't has a downloadable good one at his site .
    That scroller is at http://www.myswish,com
    The new transform function in Swish turns the whole scrolling process around and makes it very slick.
    A tutorial example of the new transform function is on this thread
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=217338
    [Edited by jofta on 10-31-2001 at 08:02 PM]

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    130
    Hi,

    Just wondering what sequence of events you used to achive your process if not transform.

    Larry

  10. #10
    Originally posted by jofta
    So..instead of "Mouseovered 'virtual imagescrolling' can be done in Flash, and its quite easy to do. " you are in fact asking for a discussion on scrolling.

    I must have missed that.... sorry.

    Scrolling especially 360 panorama style has been cracked pretty well in Swish. The examples available from a search are interesting and Gerry 't has a downloadable good one at his site .

    The new transform function in Swish turns the whole scrolling process around and makes it very slick.
    Take the advice of Walt Disney the instigator of all of this. He said "treat every customer as an important guest".Its worked pretty well for my business and through it I've I've ended up working for some of the largest corporations in the world.

    Just because my sites professional doesn't mean that I haven't got a right to be here or do you really just want the discussions of the 'beginners' in this forum

    My intention is to ADD not to take away. How do I know if theres been however many discussions? Courtesy comes in the guise of expecting the best not the worst of people.

    I have found in the short time I have used this forum, as a well established multimedia developer of ten years standing that it apears that your 'knowledge' is wrongly judged simply on the number of posts you make. Maybe i'm wrong but that's the way it seems.

    Also, if you want to get any discussion going it appears you have to use some ingenuity to even get a 'decent' sort of response.

    As for the original quote... What else could it lead to. Logic is not enough think a little out side the square and realise that everyone doesn't see things quite as you do.


  11. #11
    Originally posted by ljpro1
    Hi,

    Just wondering what sequence of events you used to achive your process if not transform.

    Larry
    Hi Larry,
    There are buttons that lead to frames as in Roger Onslow's sample scroller.swi. Sorry, I dont know the thread number but you could find it by a search.

    Make the buttons transparent and cover the entire image. Edit the frames to move by the amount you need, or if you follow the lead of an earlier reply you could use a lot more buttons to do it. Change the mouse action to mouseover and youre away.

    Hope that helps.It definitely works well.

    It may be better to look into the transform feature as jofta says. I'm going to have a look there myself

    Cheers

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    130
    Thanks. . .

    I'll try it.

    Larry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center