dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: postcard webpage

hello, i'm just a beginner web page developer, just to know breifly what is involved! okey i want to alloy views to look at my photo gallery then have the option to choose which photo, type some text and send the email with photo attached nicely. does it depend on the host of my web site ? just something i wanna try and learn, if its too much trouble then i won't do it..

thanks sen sai!

sorry too many spelling mistakes in previous post!

hello, i'm just a beginner web page developer, just want to know breifly what is involved! okey i want to allow viewers to look at my photo gallery then have the option to choose which photo, type some text and send the email with photo attached nicely. does it depend on the host of my web site ? just something i wanna try and learn, if its too much trouble then i won't do it..

thanks sen sai!

Moved from Boardroom.

btspeed:

You will need an app (application) to run the script. A CGI will do. Go to http://www.bignosebird.com and look for their CGI section. They have a free e-card script that is very easy to install and run. However, you will need access to your host's CGI bin to use it. It even has a feature that allows viewers to add a picture from their own hard drive.

James

Jesus is Lord.

We already do an interactive card that utilises Cold Fusion basically as a back-end server. We wrote a custom script for it over 18 months ago.

CGI, PHP, ASP they all can do it. There are some hidden problems in doing it such as dynamic directory creation and of course the enevitable expiry. But once you've got that worked out it all works out.

My advice is go with Cold Fusion, it's now firmly in the Macromedia stable and all the required calls are well integrated into the language. Also, it will definitely become far more tightly integrated into Flash when V6 comes out. At least thats unofficially what Macromedia are saying

But above all its far easier to script in