dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: DigitalVisionOnline.co.uk

hi ya'll i just noticed this site: http://www.digitalvisiononline.co.uk

they're basicly selling cds (for 700 dollars!!!) with like 30 pictures in psd-format (unflattened). many designers eg. gmunk, d-form1 and other crazy talented designers have done the pieces. so now you can make your own pictures or whatever using elements/layers from gmunk's and others work easily. just watch the tutorial: http://www.digitalvisiononline.co.uk...y/tutorial.asp

what do you guys think about this?
    in my opinion...well i dont know i think it's kinda wrong.

edit: ps. i'm not saying the designers are doing anything wrong i just get a bad feeling of this thing.
    [Edited by elite peach on 11-01-2001 at 11:27 AM]

Slick images but...

I guess whatever it takes to make some money. I don't see anything wrong with it. I personally get satisfaction out of making my own graphics...thereby learning more about the imaging software through trial and error. Do you think it's wrong because it seems like permission for copycatting? Why do you think it's wrong...not trying to be a smartass just curious.

exactly. i like doing my own stuff although it will never come close anything like gmunk etc. and if i used other guys layers and stuff it would just feel stupid.
    and yeah i think this isn't anything else than copying/ripping/biting/cheating etc. it's just that you pay a big pile of money for doing it.

DV provides royalty free, very high quality, high-res images for use in high-end media presentations.

You use them IN designing stuff in PhotoShop etc.

They aren't an end in themselves - they aren't supposed tp be.

That's why they are expensive - they're not intended for your average Joe. It's like saying a Bentley or Aston Martin is too expensive when pushbikes can be had for much less.