A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Newbie site in need of critique

FunkNastyJim

Newbie site in need of critique

hi,
    This is on of my newer sites:

http://www.geocities.com/mattlarrabee

I have just started learning flash and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what i could do with my site and what you do and don't like about it.
    thanks a ton!

Currently being paid by my employer to do other things, so I'll make this quick....

Comments:

1. I've never been a big fan of frames. It's a personal opinion, but I think they usually make the site feel clunky.

2. In your projects section, do this to your Flash buttons:
    In the "Hit" frame, make sure it has a keyframe (so that it is separate from the other button states) and put a rectangle in it that is about the same size as the text. That will get rid of the jittery-hand syndrome (right now, the only "active" parts on the button are where the text is).

3. The parts that work best are the parts that are simple. The open page looks nice. Try to extend that look and feel to more of the site.

OK, not as quick as I meant to be. Gotta get back to work (my brain does not focus on Friday).

-monster.

HVAC guru
    First off, if you want to be reviewed, you should ost in the HTML review board. You will get a much better respons. People go here to look for ideas rather then review. But since I am here, I like the start but frames are old school thinking and boarders on the frames are just flat annoying. I do like what you are doing for yourself though. I started the same way, by making a personal site. Until I had kids there was nothing much to say. You site is cool. Keep at it. Get some design books and page through them for moods and structure.
    And Most importantly, Happy Flashing.

FunkNastyJim

thanks for the help

thanks for the help guys, I'm gonna get started on the flash and the frame thing yeah i think that has to go to. I've been working on a flash thing for it but i havent finished it yet.
    thanks again,
    later,
    matt