A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arsene Wenger: Australia Hates YOU!

Originally posted by jezza
    Bah! Jamble, you wish we left so you could stop the pain!: )

Wenger should have thought of this before he bought so many international class players from the one country. I guarantee you he knew this was coming when he bought them!

Also, a champions league game still counts for squat compared to any game related to us qualifying for the world cup.
    <joking aside> You've got a fair point on the internationals thing. This issue isn't because it involves Australia. The same argument ensues over here (and probably everywhere else) every time an international match clashes with a league fixture.

OK. Everyone can have an opinion, but I don't think that there is a solution - they get paid a lot, but the number of matches some players (Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Leeds, etc.) are playing these days is significantly more than say 5 or 10 years ago. It must be hard on them and also on their managers.

And I'm not sure about that 'important for our World Cup effort' idea. We have that over here, and the UK press, some players, many managers are always moaning about international matches that have no purpose other than a run out - smack in the middle of the season.</joking aside>

If Australia had any teams good enough to attract this calibre of player then I'm sure you'd be whingeing about it as well.

Remember, the UK has nothing but love for Australia. We sent some of our best people over that way a few hundred years ago.

[Edited by Sualdam on 11-02-2001 at 06:41 AM]

Re: see.. this is what I do not get

Originally posted by TianaKaeSha
    this is the bit that bugs me...

IT IS ONE WEEK.... a Game.. Maybe two... Oh BIG WHOOPIE DO!

The league goes for more than three weeks... if it was a three or four week league.. then perhaps I would understand... but people are worried about one week when the aussie team could play one of the most important warm up games in their careers....

It is just plain selfish...

but hey.. that is just my opinion

BTW>.. sorry if I yelled!!
    Well, at least the Aussie ego is World Cup sized...

The problem is that this will happen several times this season to teams with ANY international players. And it'll get worse towards the end of the season when matches really count and players are getting tired.

So it isn't just one match - it's just one of many.

And friendlies like this don't achieve anything. They're eye candy and money spinners (in Australia) or pains in the backsides (over here).

FK Official Mechanic
    Trust your mechanic

Re: Re: Re: Re: it makes me so mad!!

I have to admin, D4Demon is pretty wierd, like most Victorians!
    I heard that scallop boy

yes wenger is a fool, but im sure hes just arsene about

lol

./m

Señor member
    Originally posted by mbenney
    yes wenger is a fool, but im sure hes just arsene about

lol

./m

oh dear.....!

Y'know. After the first bit of third rate toilet humour, I thought the tone of this thread might have stabilised somewhere fairly low down.

But no. It seems that jokes about foreign names are STILL funny in schoolgrounds around the world.

Must be just about going home time for most of you, eh?

Originally posted by Sualdam
    Y'know. After the first bit of third rate toilet humour, I thought the tone of this thread might have stabilised somewhere fairly low down.

But no. It seems that jokes about foreign names are STILL funny in schoolgrounds around the world.

jesus, does the stick up your arse have a stick up its arse! this is the coffee lounge fella!

./m

jesus, does the stick up your arse have a stick up its arse! this is the coffee lounge fella!

./m
    What??

You mean this isn't the kindergarten schoolyard?

Damn, I'm in the wrong place.

--------------> <-------------

Regardez le smilie!

Originally posted by jamble7000
    We'll be buying Brett Emmerton soon (we hope..) and Harry Kewell will be joining us next season when Wenger goes to Man Utd and David O'Leary comes back to the Arsenal..
    hmmm your imagination is running away with you again you tubby fool. i can understand now why austalia hates you

why would they go to your micky mouse team when leeds are flying high (last nights performance is not counted)

./m

What??

You mean this isn't the kindergarten schoolyard?

Damn, I'm in the wrong place.

--------------> <-------------

Regardez le smilie!

you know the rules, use it or lose it sister!

./m
    [Edited by mbenney on 11-02-2001 at 12:43 PM]

Señor member
    Originally posted by tjko
    We'll be buying Brett Emmerton soon (we hope..) and Harry Kewell will be joining us next season when Wenger goes to Man Utd and David O'Leary comes back to the Arsenal..
    hmmm your imagination is running away with you again you tubby fool. i can understand now why austalia hates you

why would they go to your micky mouse team when leeds are flying high (last nights performance is not counted)

You'll still finish 3rd..I see Rio Ferdinand is off to Man Utd as well...Super Leeds are flying strangely high at the moment...how long before the vertigo sets in and they plummet back down the league like last season..

whoooo!

Originally posted by Tommy
    jamble you mock, you put facts in the story, you are no match for us, stop pretending, go home to bed and hug teddy ruxpin. It seems that everyone is panicking about facing Liverpool, yes dammit we are once again feared, come on you reds, sorry I lose focus when the subject of Liverpool comes up, now where was I, ah yes jamble, put your liver where your mouth is, we are a country of boozy crims, we can beat you all
    Tommy... I have the upmost respect for you now that I know you mention Liverpool!!

~yayaya~ Y'know... I've even thouched ~THE~ sign

Hey. Hey.

Arsenal supporter here.

The match is a poxy friendly with France playing a third rate footballing nation - and that's being diplomatic

Meanwhile, there's the real business of the Premiership over here.

Can't you arrange one against Tonga or something ?
    Aw come ON!
    Tonga would still win!

Australia have 1 decent player!
    Bosnich if he still plays!

I will credit them for that!
    When he played for Villa he was ace!
    #1 Penalty Stopper in thre Prem League!

Señor member
    Originally posted by TheEnigma
    Hey. Hey.

Arsenal supporter here.

The match is a poxy friendly with France playing a third rate footballing nation - and that's being diplomatic

Meanwhile, there's the real business of the Premiership over here.

Can't you arrange one against Tonga or something ?
    Aw come ON!
    Tonga would still win!

Thank god for another brit..these Aussie lightweights have been boring us to death with their tales of sporting glory

So now we can cancel the French game and enjoy Tonga Vs Australia...

Hey. Hey.

Thank god for another brit..these Aussie lightweights have been boring us to death with their tales of sporting glory

So now we can cancel the French game and enjoy Tonga Vs Australia...
    Hey, there's more than one of us here

Let's just wait for the result - then we can have a good thread going.

It'll be interesting to see who doesn't contribute, though

Unemployed
    Aw come ON!
    Tonga would still win!

You are a git and your opinion STILL counts for nothing.

toot toot

ignorance is bliss - heh

Arsenal under achievers of the Premiership yeah right - mince off!

The Gunners rate well beyond Chelsea and Spurs, and Leeds for that matter.

And anyway T didn't even want to fly half way around the globe so you can mince off for starting this thread in the first place

Patrick Vieira, T, Sylvain Wiltord and Robert Pires - jeezus do you want our blood too. Australia is a 23 hour flight away yunno! Just treat them nicely cos every point counts in the English Premiership.
    [Edited by sichi on 11-03-2001 at 12:35 PM]

Unemployed

Re: ignorance is bliss - heh

Originally posted by sichi
    Arsenal under achievers of the Premiership yeah right - mince off!

The Gunners rate well beyond Chelsea and Spurs, and Leeds for that matter.

And anyway T didn't even want to fly half way around the globe so you can mince off for starting this thread in the first place

Patrick Vieira, T, Sylvain Wiltord and Robert Pires - jeezus do you want our blood too. Australia is a 23 hour flight away yunno! Just treat them nicely cos every point counts in the English Premiership.
    [Edited by sichi on 11-03-2001 at 12:35 PM]
    Haha, how much have you spent on those players???? You are underachievers because you have a squad that should win and you never do. Spurs don't win because they don't have the squad to win. And when you bought these players, did you know they were going to have to play internationals? YES. I don't want your blood because I would hate to become as arrogant as to think a small club game is more important than a country qualifying for the world cup.

And by the way, 'mince off' is a pretty bloody lame put down. Calling Henry 'T' is pretty darn lame for that matter too. Good mates are you?

Re: Re: ignorance is bliss - heh

I would hate to become as arrogant as to think a small club game is more important than a country qualifying for the world cup.

Jezza, a friendly will have no effect whatsoever on improving Australia's chances of qualifying for the main competition.

The only match that will do that is the actual qualifier itself. If the Australian squad can't play football now, then it will never be able to do so, and certainly not in time for that qualifying match.

In fact, should Australia fail to qualify after all this, if the Aussie press is anything like the UK press, it'll likely turn out that it was because of that friendly. (wrong, of course, but that's the press for you).

Also, and for the record, when league clubs buy foreign players, it isn't BECAUSE they are international squad players. That is a separate issue. OK. Granted, because they cost a lot they tend to be in the international squads for their countries, but that is in no way a definite.

A player's career is >99% league football and <1% international (if he's lucky). So please think before putting Australia's world cup qualification against that statistic.

Remember, it has been sorted out, now. So there's no point in keep going on about Wenger or anyone else's (Ferguson has been anti in the past) gripe.

Unemployed

Re: Re: Re: ignorance is bliss - heh

Jezza, a friendly will have no effect whatsoever on improving Australia's chances of qualifying for the main competition.

The only match that will do that is the actual qualifier itself. If the Australian squad can't play football now, then it will never be able to do so, and certainly not in time for that qualifying match.

In fact, should Australia fail to qualify after all this, if the Aussie press is anything like the UK press, it'll likely turn out that it was because of that friendly. (wrong, of course, but that's the press for you).

Also, and for the record, when league clubs buy foreign players, it isn't BECAUSE they are international squad players. That is a separate issue. OK. Granted, because they cost a lot they tend to be in the international squads for their countries, but that is in no way a definite.

A player's career is >99% league football and <1% international (if he's lucky). So please think before putting Australia's world cup qualification against that statistic.

Remember, it has been sorted out, now. So there's no point in keep going on about Wenger or anyone else's (Ferguson has been anti in the past) gripe.

I'm sorry, I'm not normally this harsh, but that was one of the stupidest posts I have ever read in my time here.

Do you honestly believe that a warm-up match against the best team in the world will NOT help us prepare for our qualifiers?????? HELLO????????? HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO???

Answer this: Is the World Cup more important than the English Premier League? Ask a player what they would want to win more. Sure there aren't as many international games as club matches, but the big international matches are a hell of a lot more important.