A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Shopping

raising hell to the next level

Originally posted by killabry

These are just your style! [/B]
    nope i found something better

btw, how do you know that site? do you shop there often?

Originally posted by marcus_from_hell

These are just your style!
    nope i found something better

btw, how do you know that site? do you shop there often? [/B]
    Those underwear aren't for you, they don't have your name on them

No, i don't shop there often, but my girlfriend does

Ya...I need to suck it up and get a guitar one of these days. Right now I have a classical acoustic which I took from my brother cuz he didn't play it. Who want's to give me their guitar?

Aversion, you play blues guitar? That's the kind of stuff I want to learn. That and spanish guitar.

raising hell to the next level

Those underwear aren't for you, they don't have your name on them

No, i don't shop there often, but my girlfriend does [/B]
    com on now! i know you wear panties! well... atleast i can porve i don't!

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0MQD**wkSO8JFJ2VTb!4T*e5ynPG41pHwkXSAr5baKn8gWhpvt pSZKlAjIZ5V3bxe3T89vQ7gFB*nETKi!iHz3g/underware.jpg[/img]

Originally posted by calpomatt
    Aversion, you play blues guitar? That's the kind of stuff I want to learn. That and spanish guitar.
    i spent a month in granada in spain on a language course a while back and took some spanish guitar lessons there, it's by far the hardest thing i've ever done on the guitar!!

what a great place though, you could go out and have a cheap dinner at 11pm then go to a club at 1am, they would just be opening! And none of your dance music, some guy would come out and play amazing flamenco guitar and everyone would get up and start dancing!! Now that's a night club

i play blues more than anything else, trying to get more into jazz playing, blues is freeform but jazz even more so, you just have to learn a bigger set of tools!

i like guys like wes montgomery and kenny burrell, who puts a lot of blues into his playing. Blues-wise buddy guy is one of the greats when he gets going, he's an excellent acoustic player too, listen to his acoustic album with junior wells, the harp player, called 'alone and acoustic' for real inspiration

Originally posted by aversion
    i spent a month in granada in spain on a language course a while back and took some spanish guitar lessons there, it's by far the hardest thing i've ever done on the guitar!!

what a great place though, you could go out and have a cheap dinner at 11pm then go to a club at 1am, they would just be opening! And none of your dance music, some guy would come out and play amazing flamenco guitar and everyone would get up and start dancing!! Now that's a night club

i play blues more than anything else, trying to get more into jazz playing, blues is freeform but jazz even more so, you just have to learn a bigger set of tools!

i like guys like wes montgomery and kenny burrell, who puts a lot of blues into his playing. Blues-wise buddy guy is one of the greats when he gets going, he's an excellent acoustic player too, listen to his acoustic album with junior wells, the harp player, called 'alone and acoustic' for real inspiration
    Ya...Spanish guitar is definately not easy. And I am definately not good at it yet. I'll have to check out those songs. You should bust out some Blues loops. The FK Bluesman just isn't complete without some blues riffs up on the servers.

- Matt

yeah i should LOL! I have an eight track digital recording set up here but i never thought of using it for loops... i didn't think many people on fk appreciated such things.

Go for it man!

Hey...even I put one up and I suck.

ah guitarists all suck

keep the rythm going DRUMMERS AND BASSISTS

spose we need guitars though

ummm, thanks for that contribution...

tis ok

really

I knew there was a thread about this already so I didn't want to start a new one.

I'm looking for a good place online to see prices for an acoustic/electric guitar. I'm looking for an Ovation, or an Ovation-style guitar. If any of you could point me to somewhere where I can see the general prices for these it'd be nice

h

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    i need a new underware. any know know of a good place?
    http://www.victoriassecret.com

lol

hey aversion.. if youre in NYC for a bit, try to check out this guy david fuizynski.. he'e plays the knitting factory all the time..
    he plays a double neck... one fretted, one FRETLESS!
    worth checking out...

oh, if not.. his site torsos.com has a bunh of his stuff..

it's a bit weird, but very inspiring...another really cool jazz spot is the fez lounge under the time cafe....

p.s.
    that shop on bleeker would make any guitarist drool like mad...
    so many nice ones there!

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by hockyfan
    I knew there was a thread about this already so I didn't want to start a new one.

I'm looking for a good place online to see prices for an acoustic/electric guitar. I'm looking for an Ovation, or an Ovation-style guitar. If any of you could point me to somewhere where I can see the general prices for these it'd be nice

h
    I always thought that Ovations, although great-sounding, were more hassle than they were worth. That round back and sitting down just don't mix.

You guys have missed the best name for guitars - Fender. I've a Telecaster and a Catalina acoustic, had 'em for years.

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    I always thought that Ovations, although great-sounding, were more hassle than they were worth. That round back and sitting down just don't mix.
    Considering I'll play standing up a lot...

And Fender doesn't make good acoustics do they? I really like the feel and shape of Ovations, so I'd like to know where I can find prices on them or similar styled guitars.

h

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    i need a new underware. any know know of a good place?
    http://www.victoriassecret.com

lol
    hah, my jokes from november are still good now.

go 2 a relativly big guitar store, ask 2 see the scratch and dents, thats what I did, it had a LITTLE scratch on the neck, barely noticable, and it pry woulda happened anyway, but it was a 400$ guitar, I got it for 50$ cause they couldnt sell it

Originally posted by jasonpratt
    hey aversion.. if youre in NYC for a bit, try to check out this guy david fuizynski.. he'e plays the knitting factory all the time..
    he plays a double neck... one fretted, one FRETLESS!
    worth checking out...

oh, if not.. his site torsos.com has a bunh of his stuff..

it's a bit weird, but very inspiring...another really cool jazz spot is the fez lounge under the time cafe....

p.s.
    that shop on bleeker would make any guitarist drool like mad...
    so many nice ones there!
    haven't been in new york for months but I will check him out next time I'm there. I've been to the knitting factory a few times, some of the stuff they have is pretty out there!

yeah he's weird, but a really nice friendly guy... which is odd for semi-famous ones!

oh, and hockeyfan... dont get a fender acoustic...
    save the dough and go for something like an old guild, martin or gibson..they'll last generations...keep your eye out for the oldies but goodies...!
    they sound better....