A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .AVI Flash Help

I am making a flash movie that consists mainly of many short .avi movies. When i put them all together, and go to control/play, it plays perfectly. But then when i go to "test movie," none of the .avi's show up!!! I really could use a quick fix for this, please help.

Please someone help!!!!

Smile I know it!

I don't understand what you're talking about. Are u trying to play .avi movies in a .swf file? Remember that you can never play, import or add .avi files in Flash except quick time movies. But again, please explain ur problem in detail.

hmmm..
    so they need to be quicktime? That sounds like it might solve my problem.
    Here is my problem (clarified). I am making a Flash intro for a sport team i am on. I have many 1-2 second .AVI movie clips that i want to put together in Flash. but if what you are saying is correct, then i need to find out how to transfer them......

well......
    I changed them all to .mov files, and they still don't show in Flash. If anyone has a way to solve that problem help would be appreciated.

But in doing this i have found another problem: I can also change them to .gif, which does show up in the flash movie.When i import the file into flash, it makes each frame a pic, so when i play it it appears as it is supposed to. BUT when i import it, Flash automatically places it in the right side of the stage, wen i want it to be centered. Going through and centering each frame is gonna drive me nuts. Suggestions?