dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: simple yet comlex mask probem, may even stump you gurus!

heres the scoop. i have a movie, and in it, a guy is sort of using this compressed air can, and spraying some stuff air or whatever it is, and it uncovers these lasers. please, i have taken a screenshot and uploaded it to:
    (i suggest you open that link in a new window)

http://www.geocities.com/sbgwebdesig...hotofmasks.jpg

once there, here is what everything is. the way that i have set it up is layer 176, i used the paintbrush to go over all of my laser beams, which are currently hidden. for spray, i added a sound, and that is the layer where i put in a mask of LOTS AND LOTS of little dots, all in a nice sqaure, that is very big, just big enough to cover all of the lasers. moving laser is a laser that moves up and down, and the other two just change color from dark red to light to give the effect of a laser beam. i have the dots slide in from off stage to covering the beams. the ideal effect, when previewed, is that the laser beam will look like it is being uncovered by a spray of mist. please help me out, if you need more info please reply, or email me or IM me at jj1186@aol.com. thanks a lot!

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    The image link doesn't work.