A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: message board

anyone know where its possible to download a message board created either with php or asp?

Hiya!

If you're after a purely PHP message board then you might want to check out the free phpBB system. It doesn't have *all* the features of a board like this one but it's pretty darn close - and it's free!

If you're after an ASP board system then look for further than SnitzForum. I must admit to never having used it myself (I'm a PHP monkey) but it's apparently very good!

If you're after a Flash based message board system that runs off of either PHP or ASP then you're in for a bit of a hunt - they're generally quite rare! Immy has had a pop at creating a Flash based message board and you can find it over at http://www.flashforums.com

Lastly, I didn't really want to be seen to be plugging my own book - it's not quite the done thing - but you can learn how to build a Flash based message board (and a whole load more things besides) in my latest book: Foundation PHP for Flash. You can see a sample of the message board in action over at http://www.lqswindon.co.uk/board/board.html - though it's relatively dormant at the moment!

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Steve

swfBB Developer

Smile

Thanks for the mention NetBreed Been workin on mine a bit recently and im trying to implement cookies into it so it remembers your log on. Almost got it working as well. Only other prob I got at the mo is that the host has changed the date system over to US dates for some reason so I got half on UK style and some on US style which is causing probs lol

Had a quick look at your board as well. Looks good although took a while to load the topics when I looked. Could have been my connection tho

Immy

Hey Immy,

Yeah - hosting decisions have caused me a few problems in the past too Damn them all

With regards to the loading time for my forum - the biggy is the background image which weighs in at 60k - ish! I've got the cookie system working on a hidden version of the board - just testing it to death to make sure that it works!

Regards,

Steve

swfBB Developer
    Well ive got mine going at last. Had an annoying error that I been trying to fix and it was just a simple typo as per normal hehe