A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do I open a movie clip?

Smile

Hi everybody!
    Ive got a bit of a problem. I know how to drag and close movie clips, but how do I open one? I do not mean how to open another swf file, but a clip inside the movie.

ThanX

Peter Odding

If I understand your question correctly...

To open that movie clip, like to edit? You would just open your Library from the "Window" menu across the top of the screen there. (or just ctrl-L) And find your movieclip in that library you opened, right-click on it and chose to edit it.

If you mean that the movie-clip is in another .fla file, then you would have your main movie open, then choose "open as library" from the file choice up at the top. Then that movies library will be available to drag and drop into your main one. When you do that, the movie clip, graphic, whatever it is - is placed into that movie's library at the same time.

Hope it helps,

Slashus

Well..........

Well, I mean more like opening a movie clip in the swf file trough a button, you know what I mean?

seeya!

Like a mouse-over effect?

If that's what you mean, you would open your button to edit, pick which state you want to put the movie clip in, and drag and drop it there? Sorry I can't be of more help, thought I knew the answer

Slashus

Like Globz.com

Ive ya go to globz.com tou can click on differend buttons, they all open a (atleast that's what I think) movie clip with the minigame or something like that.

I appreciate your help!

Think my spelling is wrong but I am Dutch. ;-]

Yeah, ok, I checked it out. Hey, that's a pretty nice site. But yeah. That's all they did it looks like, at least to me.

They have a movie clip (pretty nice ones too) that activate in the "over" state of the button, and just continue looping as long as your cursor is over the button.

Just make your button, and in the "over" frame of the button - plop down your movie clip.

Hope that helps,

Slashus

Just saw this thread in another section, talking about something similar to this...

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...threadid=22664

Check it out.

Slashus

Thanx!

Thanx for your help. And I now I am annoying, but I have got a new problem....... I gave up the idea of popping up movie clips. So I thought I could do it like when the mouse is over a part of the menu, you automatically see the 'Fake'
    popup. But.... when I go over the 'Fake' popup, I see it to!
    It's so logical, but annoying! I only want the message when someone goes over the button above the message. Don't now if this is explained enough, but I guess ill see.

Peter Odding