A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Using scenes...

Smile

Hi there

I am creating a presentation for CD, so space isn't an issue, but I was wondering if i should use scenes. As i have it now, i broke up every topic into scenes and was planning to put the movie together using scenes.

Anyway, is it better to have one large scene or many different scenes?

I was also thinking about the music issue. If i have many scenes, there won't be a continuos loop if i go to a new scene..
    Also i wont be able to have a choice of music styles, as when i go to a new scene, the movie won't know which style was playing..

This isn't that important..I just wanted to know if there was a set rule or something?

Thanks for all of your help in the past.
    Zerodonor

Scenes are just convention used to help the Author make sense of their work- Basically they are nothing but labled frames (Don't believe me- Go get a free SWF Parser and parse a few).

Basically there are no real diffrences, minus the labels on the frames, from using scenes or not. SO in other words its up to you to use them or not.

Ambassador of Style
    Depending on how advanced you are making it (ie: a lot of AS and instances being called) I would recommend placing the entire project on one scene. Use MC's for each section. This way the sound is always gobal and fully controllable - as well as any part of your project - all by using AS.

Good luck!

-A02