ok, here my predicament: i have an html page set up that uses two vertically stacked frames: "topFrame" and "mainFrame".

topFrame contains a flash movie that serves as the Menu / Navigation for the website, and mainFrame contains the actual content (strictly HTML) of each area navigable from the movie in topFrame.

When one of the menu items in the movie are selected, that item becomes highlighted, so as to indicate to the user which area of the website they are looking at. The problem comes when I want to ALSO put links to the different areas in the mainFrame, as normal, HTML links. I would like to make it so that when a link is clicked in the mainFrame, the movie in topFrame is updated, highlighting the proper menu selection for the new destination the user has navigated to.

If i had to give this post another Subject, it would be "How do i control a flash movie, from HTML, using javaScript, across frames?"

who can put that in their pipe and smoke it? (and then of course, give me some useful ideas...)

any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Marty