A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HELP! - Mouse Down hitTest and Levels

I'm using multiple levels to load the content of a site. The movie in question is loaded into the main movie (at _level10). When the movie is tested or the .swf is run, there are no problems at all, but when the movie is loaded into a level of the main movie, the drag-scrolling feature does not work.

I've narrowed it down to the "hitTest". If I remove that feature, the drag scrolling works, but it also overrides all other features and is unuseable.

The path for this clip is --
    _root.scrollbar.barscroll

This is the code--

onClipEvent (mouseDown) {
    if (hitTest(_root._xmouse, _root._ymouse)) {
    if (drag_ok == 1) {
    drag = 1;
    startDrag ("", true, 0, 0, 0, _root.scroller.difference);
    }
    }
    }
    onClipEvent (mouseUp) {
    stopDrag ();
    drag = 0;
    }

Can anyone help me with this? I always have problems with scripting and levels.

Thanks.

If that script goes into a movie on _level10, everywhere it says "_root" it should say "_level10"(except for the mouse coords). The movie will then not work on its own but will work when loaded on _level10.
    gparis

That didn't work

I switched the _root to _level10 as you suggested, but that didn't fix it.

I am no actionscript expert, but according to the Flash AS and the O'Reilly's AS books, _root applies to the loaded movie and to target the main timeline you have to use _level0....is that incorrect?

I always have AS problems when I load levels, so I'm not confident I've got that right. I do appreciate the help though.