dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: shape tween messing up

shape tween messing up

I wanted to make a line turn into a curved line. But when i start with a small line in frame 6 and then enter keyframe under frame 12 then in frame 12 i alter the line into a curve. Then i click on frames 6-11 and turn it into Shape tween. Well frame 6 has the small line and frame 12 has the full curve but nothing between 7-11. Why? I made it work last night but flash messed up and close without saving. But today im redoing it and its not working. What am i doing wrong?

Scott

I'm not sure if this would help, but when i'm tweening, i only highlight the first frame (in your case frame 6) and apply the tween. You might want to redo it just to make sure..

ps. don't forget to break apart the first and last frame of the tween.

hummm sounds a bit iffy make sure you have not make the motion into a tween or something i somethimes click on creat mothion tween by acydnet

Lightbulb Your line tweening problem

Firstly make sure your line in both cases is a symbol. Then do what you were doing but remember that shape tween works with both symbols broken apart, and motion tween with them still grouped. Hope you succeed. Good luck!

Is there a difference between a line just drawn and a line converted into a symbol, then broken apart?

Originally posted by 5hiNobi
    Is there a difference between a line just drawn and a line converted into a symbol, then broken apart?
    I don't think so.. (no)

CTRL-B will do it yeah...

You can't do it... The line has to be a symbol to tween, and you can't modify that symbol because any modifications you make would apply accross ALL instances of the symbol.
    What you have to do is create the line on frame 1, change it slightly on frame 2, a little more on 3, etc. This way you create your own animation and it will have the same effect. A little more work, but if you are modifying line curvature, it's the only way...