A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Texture on 3D Model doesn't show in browser

Using v3.21, I create a 3D sphere element, add a gif texture, set transparency to 50%, and then use Rotate 3D Sphere Event to rotate the sphere. This plays fine within 3DFA.

However, when I play the SWF in my browsers (IE5.5, NS4.73), I see only the sphere (no texture) rotating. When I try to import the SWF into Swish 2001.11.01, that program crashes.

Any suggestions to make this work?

Thanks,

If you are using a texture map, then you will need to export your image as bitmaps, rather than as vectors.

Originally posted by RobStewart
    If you are using a texture map, then you will need to export your image as bitmaps, rather than as vectors.
    Oh hi Rob, thought I'd have to answer that one. You beat me to it. Now how about addressing some of the other messages in the forum? I'm starting to feel like the tech support guy around here.

>Using v3.21, I create a 3D sphere element, add a gif >texture, set transparency to 50%, and then use Rotate 3D >Sphere Event to rotate the sphere. This plays fine within >3DFA.

>If you are using a texture map, then you will need to export your image as bitmaps, rather than as vectors.

So, as there is no support for animated GIF export, this must be done one frame at a time?

Originally posted by David Knoebel
    So, as there is no support for animated GIF export, this must be done one frame at a time?
    No what Rob is refering to is 3dfa exports its 3d elements in one of two ways, vector or converted to bitmap. In the properties for your 3d element look for a radio button that
    says EXPORT AS BITMAP. Check this and it will show your texture.

I answered this somewhere earlier in the forum I think.

Export as bitmap

>a radio button that says EXPORT AS BITMAP

Found it. Tbanks!