dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: shared library font :-(

Flexible Member
    hello all,
    little problem with a font called kroeger 05_56.

i load this font in my movie as a part of a shared library. this works great, and it does work with additionally loaded movies (which grab the font from the shared library), too!

BUT: dynamic text fields don't display the correct font but another one. it only works on my mashine because the font is installed, but if uncheck it in the ATM Type Manager (deinstall) only the static text fields are displayed correctly.

is this normal that shared library fonts don't work in dynamic text fields or where did i go wrong???

thanks for any help,
    elo

Flexible Member
    i know now!!!

if anybody is interested in the solution, here it is:

one has to check the 'embed font' option for the dynamic text field. this does not increase filesize but the font is grabbed from the shared library and displayed correctly on all mashines.

that's it,
    elo.

Originally posted by elastoman
    i know now!!!

if anybody is interested in the solution, here it is:

one has to check the 'embed font' option for the dynamic text field. this does not increase filesize but the font is grabbed from the shared library and displayed correctly on all mashines.

that's it,
    elo.
    I've been trying this for a while. Static text fields are no problem, by dynamic fonts flat out don't work. I'm wondering if it's a PC/ MAC thing. By any chance are you using a mac?

- Tony