A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Basic Questions for a CD using Flash

Hi, i'm new to this and i have a few questions. My school is making an interactive CD to showcase student artwork and we want to use Flash.

1. Can non-flash users still view the cd?
    2. Will it play on Macs and PCs?
    3. Where can i learn more about how to
    make the content for the cd?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Fred B

1. Sure, any computer can run a .exe file - (save your .swf as a Projector file (.exe))

2. You'll need to format a different version for PCs and MACs. You may find that your movie doesn't play equally as well on one or the other.

3. You need to be specific as to what you're looking to learn. If you're using Flash to make the CD, I'd suggest using this forum as a great resource. Check out the tutorial section if you're just getting started.

Hope this helps!

some more questions!

Ok, can you tell me more about formatting two different versions?

Does that mean there will have to be two different CDs or can both versions be burned to the same CD with some type of choice for the viewer at the beginning?

Thanks again
    Fred B

Toast has a hybrid format

Toast 5 on the Mac has a hybrid format that seems to work well. There is also the ISO 9660 format that works on both computers. just make sure your file names are short because ISO9660 format usually truncates (sp?) the file names to seven characters and an extension.

thanks

Thanks for all the help guys or girls (!) I'll have many more questions in the future, i'm sure!!