A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Button in CD-ROM don't work

I am trying to create a CD-ROM in Flash. The problem is that my buttons which link my movies don't work, but they do in the export movie .swf format on the desk top. I saved all the movies as .swf format and the 'home page' movie as a .swf and a projector. The linking of all the movies worked on the desk top when the 'home' button is released. In the CD-ROM none of the 'home' linking buttons worked. In the CD-ROM all the .swf movies are hidden and only the projector shows up (the projector icon is clicked to open up the 'Home page' movie. The actions that I used for the buttons are:

on (Release)
    Go to and Play (Cover,1)
    Load Movie ("Learning (Home Page)".swf,0)
    FS Command ("full screen", "true")
    Fs Command ("Show Menu", "false")
    End On

Why are the buttons not working in the CD-ROM?

Secondly, can I size the movie so that when the first movie starts, it automatically is full screen rather than the 640x480 dimensions that it was created in?

Third, how do I script 'autorun' so that the movie starts immediately when the CD-ROM is put into the drive? Where is scripting created?

Thanks

Ian

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

You need to place the FS command in the first frame of the base movie. This will open to the fullscreen that you want. The action should not be in a button.

The way you are calling you swf files is to replace the main movie? The _level0 will remove the base movie and replace it with the one your calling. When you call the movie it should be just

Load Movie ("folder/chicken.swf", 1)

or what ever level you want to load the movie into.

and to make the cd run autorun you need to make a inf file that will be on the CD, You should create it in notepad and name it Autorun.inf in the file type

[autorun]
    OPEN=myfile.exe

Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>