A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone wanna make a game with me?

Hi, its been a long time since I posted anything and I was just browsing through the forum. I liked the idea creating a game with people all over the world. Maybe some people might remember me as I was going to make a 3d game, which eventually will be finished. But thats not what I'm here for. I'm kinda lazy when trying to finish something after I start, so it might be easier if I spread it out which would make me more keen to work on it even more.
    I've started something with a character running, it might not sound too cool at this point but it would be better if its seen. I'm not giving anything away right now but if anyones interested even if one person I'll be happy, so if anyones interested just let me know and I'll give an example of what I've done so far.
    Thanks

FunkNastyJim

Angry i can try to help

hey, im not the best with flash yet but i can do the basics and a little graphic stuff. I'd be glad to help in any way i could.
    matt

thats great

Thanks for that lare, I will place my example up a little later so you can see what I'm was planning. We could always use a graphics man.
    thanks again...

The start

Here it is. Its not much but its a start, you move the character left and right by using the LEFT and RIGHT directional keypad. If anyone remembers the game FlashBack and prince of persia then you'll know what type of game it is.

http://members.tripod.co.uk/bruceboz/Hitman.zip

Tell me what you think... Anyone...

cool person it would be good for a action shooter game
    i would like to help im pretty good at programming and graphix i made this so far http://www.angelfire.com/games4/magi..._character.swf

Im glad you liked it kbomber and I like your game, especially the graphics. It would be mostly an action shooting game, but I was thinking of having the character as a hitman, who has been given certain jobs to complete by wacking (meaning kill, in MOB terms) people. It sounds simple but it will have some kinda story line to it, cos I wanna do this right, Have it all, the story, the playability, the graphics and sound, I want to make it proper, make it look good enough to be taken for a real game that you would normally play. Now I can do most of what needs to be done, but it will take too long and I migt forget about it (and I dont wanna do that).
    I would appreciate any ideas to add for the story or what else I can do with this character. and plus I need many characters, looking a little similar but wearing different clothing (something like that).
    Anyway Keep in touch, and I'll work on it a little more to get the character's movement complete.

FunkNastyJim

Question nice

i like the guy! its a good start let me know anything i can work on, including graphics or coding. I will do whatever i can to help.
    I will try to work on a few sketches and pics of bad guys for now i guess.
    looking good, cant wait to get this going into full swing!
    matt

If you guys are really serious about developing a project together like this I have a suggestion. There is a really supportive open source community out there, which can be a big help to you. I'm currently working on an open source game that is being run through Source Forge, a great open source community that I would highly recommend.

You can check out our project, Stunt Racer, at http://sourceforge.net/projects/stuntracer/ and browse all the other projects too. There are a lot of Flash/ActionScript projects there to check out too.

I'd highly recommend hosting your project there since you get so many features for free on their site. Bug reports, task lists, dependencies, lists, docs, version control, etc. Very helpful plus you'll get more eyes looking at your project.

Houseguy
    hi I would love to help out whith Characters and such ...
    here is my webb page.. if you guys want to look on my illustrations =)

http://ekvalls.tripod.com

that's some very cool graphics ekval. I'm working on fighting game like street fighter, I was wondering if you would like to work with me and do character animation.

FunkNastyJim

Question love the game

that game is awesome greg! how long have you guys been working on it?

I'll post some new stuff later tonight on the scenery and background, on what it looks like. Just an example of what it might look like.

check with ya later..

FunkNastyJim

Question question

what time period does this game take place in? Should the bad guys be gangsters or like current style enemys but still with a dark feel?

Re: love the game

Originally posted by lare5

that game is awesome greg! how long have you guys been working on it?
    We've been working on it on and off for about 4 months.

Firstly, if anyone wants make their own game, Please discuss it in another post cos it would get confusing.
    If your question was directed to me lare, Time period will be the present day and bad guys that are gonna be wacked could be anyone including gangsters. If you have any ideas on what you think they could be then, by all means let me know. At this moment I havent done much on the character but ill post the scene soon after.
    cya for now...

[Edited by Boz-Lee on 11-15-2001 at 09:13 PM]

rough plan

Here's a piece of a scene in which I created in a couple of minutes. Its as rough as you can get but im sure you guys can get the idea.

http://members.tripod.co.uk/bruceboz/scene.swf

I'll keep posting...

Interested.........

I'm alright at flash, not an expert by far, but I'm sure you could find some use for me.

Im a bit confused by the concept of the game....could you clear that up some? Such as:
    -Character Bio
    -Objective
    -Game Play Style(overhead, side level, side scroller, etc.)
    -Any other Ideas

Houseguy
    GeORGE : I can help you but we have to open another tread in that case...

To the rest of ya guys ...let`s do this game then? =)

So ekvall you in on making this game with us?. If so, cool.
    Hi desert. Well there is not much concept as yet for the game. I explained the objective earlier about the character being a hitman who has some kind of mission to complete, so maybe eventually the character could get his freedom of being a Hitman. Thats the idea ive got, but if anyone wants to fill in or change the idea then be my guest. Well desert if you looked at my first example of the running man you would see that its side level. Take a look at the example scene to get a grasp. About scrolling, I was thinking of scrolling the scene when the character reaches the end of one scene instead of getting a pitch balck screen and then moving to the next scene. This I feel would create a good effect. I hope thats enlightend you a little bit Desert because at the moment thats as far as I've got.

Idea...

Anyone seen the XaioXaio series? How about a platformer kinda like that, but with more matrix stuff?

Basically, you would have other guys crawl out of everywhere, and if you pressed the BT key (like in Max Payne), you would slow things down, have motion bluring, that sort of thing. Now, I'm not sure how flash would handle it in terms of speed, but you can have the game layered to when you go into BT, the other layers would "slow" down, and alpha would kick in.

Oh, and guns would be a biggie in this.
    Just a thought...