A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Buttons and Frames on a webpage????

AGGGHHH>..help me please....Here is the statement my friend made to me-
    "since we use frames i need you to specifuy in the target for the buttons. or I can try and edit it. let me know which is easier,but for home, members, links,downloads, and apply the tagrt should be mainframe forum should be parent and challenge should be _new"

The buttons are
    Home
    Members
    Links
    Downloads
    Apply
    Forum
    Challenge

Well when he stated "i need you to specifuy in the target for the buttons" I figured that meant I had to go into the "actions" of each button and go to the "get Url" basic action and type those into the menu right below the url where I usually select "_self"...and that was it ( I have no idea, I just tried that cuz it looked right, also i saw the _parent choice there) well so I typed in the info he stated...saved...tested the movie clicked the buttons and like always it opened up a new window with the link but no frame up on top of the page...I dont know where am I supposed to put that info in?? Can anyone help me please...

-Allen

it all depends on where you want to open the new html heres a rundown
    _parent -this is almost the same as _self frame assignment
    _self - new html will replace current page
    _blank - new window
    _top - I'm not quite sure

now if your friend wants the buttons to open in a frame that is designated mainframe you would actually type it in like so

_mainframe

you can assign name you want to the frame as long as the name of the frame in your html frames page matches the same name.
    so remember where you choose the window to open a url in
    you would just type an underscore_ then the name of the frame that you want content to load into..
    Hope this helps..
    Happy Flashing!!!!!!1

I'v been trying the same thing using the "get URL", but somehow it still doesn't work!!!

I've tried changing the filename, extensions, etc. etc. and it still doen't work!!! Clicking the button always opens a new window. I'm hoping someone can tell if there's something I've missed.

The framename is "content", but somehow it doesn't work when adding "_content" into the button script...