A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: generator help!!!!!!!!!

Question

Where to begin the company that I am working at has assinged me as their generator person.
    I work with a java programmer who has been having a hell of a time getting anything to work properly on the server side. The java programs work on my computer but no on the server.
    My first question is when an swt contacts a java program which then contacts the data base in order to return the desired value, is this program a servlet?
    Also where other than http://flashGen.com/ and the macromedia site are there any resorces for flash generator that caters to those like me who are still very lost about the overall picture and technical steps involved in creating a functional generator site.
    If anyone has any suggestions or knows anyone willing to be a generator consultant for our company please e-mail me.
    Cheers,
    Nathalie

------------------
    nat

you can use a servlet or any other way to get the data from your database, like ASP or SSJS or servlets or cold fusion , it doesn't care because you told your swt template in the source option where to get the data , previously generated by the servlet and stored in a phile or if you use asp you give the address like this http://myserver.com/data.asp , most times philes or asp pages will look like this

name, value
    test1, 1
    test2, 3
    test3, 8

this can be read by swt.

when you install macromedia generator 2 it installs the jrun that is a java run machine that executes generator that is a kind of servlet, so it could be used to run any other servlet then executes your app , check the help that comes with generator it teaches you the basics and it contains an step by step example to create a site, for the jrun check www.livesoftware.com this url will take you to www.allaire.com

------------------