A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: .swf vs .swi

I just bought Swish 2.0 and a web template from outfront.net that uses 2 swish movies. When I start up swish, I can browse and find both movies in my web directory and edit them. When I save them, however, it saves them as filename.swi but the original is filename.swf (which is still there in the web directory.) Embedded in the html code on the page is the line src=filename.swf. If I change that to filename.swi, it doesn't work. So my changes don't appear on my web page because it isn't looking at the .swi file. Does this make sense? What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks,
    loy-bob@att.net

Where have I been ??

Hmmmm

This might be better asked in the 3rd party forum. But I am thinking that SWI is the Editable Swish File. Basically like an FLA in Flash. And that SWF is the final Product. USE the SWF, not the SWI. Just use the SWI to edit, then export it as an SWF file.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    rru96 got it n one.

SWI is the source for you movie .. just like FLA .. it lets you save your authoring environment (with scene and effects etc) so you can work on them again.

The SWF file is the file that people can view on web sites using the Flash Player.

To get the SWF use File | Export | SWF (just like you need to publish in Flash to get a SFW).

SWiSH can also generate HTML code for you .. but it sounds like you've already got the HTML.

PS: Please use the SWISH Help forum for SWiSH related questions.