A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please help me!

Hybrid View

Smile

What's up all,

On the Swift 3D website there is an example of a hole bunch of cubes coming together to form a larger cube. How was this effect created? When I try to put other cubes behind each other the stay on the same cordinanece. How can I make them go behind each other so I can achieve this perspective. Please respond as soon as possible. Thank you!

WiseOne

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

It's very easy in 3D Studio MAX. Place your cubes in the proper orientation at the final frame. Set a keyframe. Scrub the time slider to 0. Set another keyframe. Move the individual cubes to new positions and orientation. Export to .3DS and import into Swift - cool animation.

Since I use Swift only for rendering, I'll let someone else comment about doing the animation entirely in Swift.

good luck!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    If you go to the two camera view(the little icon that looks like two cameras one behind the other on the main menu) you can then select a top view bottom view side views so you can move the blocks around. You can also change the perspective that you are looking at by slecting the rotation mode window. Then just bring all your blocks that you need set them where you want them to start at in the first frame and then go as many frames as you want the animation to last and move the playhead to that point in the timeline and then line things up in that frame. then just export. Lots cheaper than buying Max Regards, Bill

PS just to let you know if you use your right mouse button in the modeling window it will zoom the area in and out. that might help you get things lined up.

Smile

Nope, when I do that the cubes still intersect with each other. They are on the same X and Y plain. Is there a way to move them back on there own plain some how. Please respond as soon as possible.

WiseOne

You should be able to relocate your objects while utilizing the different camera views. You can also move objects forward and back by right-clicking and dragging on the object. For what you are trying to do, I recommend doing it the way the Pope suggested. Let me know if it works for you.