dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Importing Fireworks slices into Dreamweaver Frames ???

I have an image that I sliced up into 4 slices in Fireworks. I want to import it into Dreamweaver but insted of having the slices in a table (like the html file created assembles them automatically it seems) having each one of them be an individual frame (within a frameset tag). So I would end up with 4 frames (with Border=0 obviously) that would recreate the image.
    I'm thinking about doing this so that I can target one of the slices to add the website content to it and not have to reload the three other parts of the image each time a user goes to a different page. If anyone knows how I can go about this or an alternative to what I'm trying to achieve ?

Thanks in advance, Kelly

not sure about frames

Once the images are downloaded by the user, they aren't re-downloaded again, they are stored in the cache. Unless they are on a really slow computer or connection, they shouldn't even see a change. Think about how navigational elements stay on a screen as you change pages. Same should apply here.

If you must, Dreamweaver has really good frames editing that should make it a breeze to do. In your toolbar is a frames section and you may want to read the help files or book to get familiar with the tool.

Hi, (welcome)

as bill rightly says, the browser will cache the image

so if u use a background image on every page the first page will load slower as it cache's the background, when u go to page 2, its there in a flash...

mb post a link to this so we can see, hard to imagine the problem...

fireworks is so good when u get to know it...

u can export from fire just images

and mb build the table in dreamweaver

??

good luck

bp