A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: if movie #1 is in level one, then load movie #2 to level one...

OKay, so i'm an actionscript newbie, and i am wondering what the code would look like for this kind of if statement.

This is what i have now:
    A jukebox that loads external movie #1 to level 1 when you click play. The stop button unloads any movie in level 1. There is a next button and a previous button that currently have no actions assigned to them.

What i want to happen:
    When the user clicks either next or previous, the appropriate movie # loads into level 1 to replace the one that was there before.

So onRelease of next button, if movie #1 is in level 1, then load movie #2 into level 1. If movie #2 is in level 1, then load movie #3 into level 1, and if movie #3 is in level 1, then load movie #1 into level 1.

Same for previous, except backwards. So onRelease of previous button, if movie #1 is in level 1, then load movie #3 into level 1.

Can you help me write the code properly?
    Thanks!

whatever was in _level1 will be replaced by the new clip loaded in the same _level... so you don't need any if statement.. only the loadMovieNum()
    gparis

Yes i know that, but it depends on which movie is being played at the time the button is clicked. Like i said, if then NEXT button is clicked when movie #2 is loaded in level 1, then movie #3 should loaded, however if movie #1 is playing when NEXT is clicked, then movie #2 needs to load.

So what should the code look like?

ok then 3 movies = 4 frames. The next button sends the clip to next frame the previous to previous frame (easy enough) on each frame is your command to load the clip. that clip is just a 4 frames actions movie. frame1 unloads and stopsAllSounds() frame1 loads music1, frame2 loads music2, frame3 loads music3.
    gparis

Oh!!! That makes soooo much sense! Thank goodness there are people like you with such logical minds! I didn't even think of that.

Thanks a lot!

Okay, so i tried it, but i'm doing something wrong... there's no sound coming out. My little song display works... so when i hit next/prev, it is going to the right frame, but there is no sound. I put a stop action on each frame. Should i take that action off?

Any ideas what else could be making the sound not work?

Thanks again,

don't know.. Are you sure the movie goes to the next/previous frame (as it's blank, maybe write a # on each frame to see whether it goes there or not)
    gparis

Oh it's definately going to the proper frames because i have an indicator: that song name display that i was telling you about. I was all tickled that it worked, then i noticed no sound. And i made sure the volume was up and all that other stuff.

So it's not the 'stop' action on each frame?

nope. it's got to stop. You've got the loadMovieNum() code right? other solution if the fla is not tooooo big send it over :gparis@securenet.net
    gparis