A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Memory Problems

I created a movie save it and published it. It works on the web. I tried to open that file again and got a message:

There is not enough memory to open one or more scenes. Your document is not damaged and can be saved. To increase avalable memory, close open docs or quit and use Get info command in the finder to allocate more memory for flash.

The question i have is where is this "Finder"? If any one knows what is up and tell me how to do this it would be great. I have 256 megs of memory on my computer so I should have enough. The movie is almost a meg when all is said and done.

Please Help.

Where have I been ??

Hmmm.

Not sure what is really going on. A few things though. 1 MEG is outrageous. Unfortunatly... I am never going. I assume it is targeted for people with Cable and the like. Or else alot of preloaders are involved. One thing you might want to test is to Debug the movie, or test it. You might have actionscripting that is repeating over and over which is eating away memory. This can happen on a file that is less then 10K.... trust me. I have had it happen. So make sure all you scripting is right.

help

The scripts seem fine enerything has a stop. The movie works fine on the internet. I thought it was a picture i imported it was big but i just shrunk it and the error window pops up still.

Does anybody know what the "LOADER" is? It tells me to use this to increase the memory alloted for flash. So if I find where this "LOADER" is I think i might be fine.

Thanks again.

Opps

I meen "FINDER" not"LOADER"

"FINDER" Where is it?

me too man!

i'm having the same problem! i give flash more memory and it just sucks it up aqnd now my project wont open cause it says not enough memory! i got 360 some megs on my computer and i gave flash 95 of it. why is flash eatting my memory up? i have some stop scripts in it though! the fla. is only 3 megs.

Hi Guys

Dont be surprised by Flash's memory requirements. We often work with fla files up to 30MB but we have to allot 700MB of Ram to Flash to do it.

As far as increasing memory to Flash. If you are on Mac highlight the Flash software Icon by clicking on it only once. You dont want to open it.

Then go to File-Get Info-Memory and you will see some text boxes that you can modify the prefered amount and minimum amount of memory.

On Windows its supposed to do it automatically I beleive.

JP

Hi Guys

Dont be surprised by Flash's memory requirements. We often work with fla files up to 30MB but we have to allot 700MB of Ram to Flash to do it.

As far as increasing memory to Flash. If you are on Mac highlight the Flash software Icon by clicking on it only once. You dont want to open it.

Then go to File-Get Info-Memory and you will see some text boxes that you can modify the prefered amount and minimum amount of memory.

On Windows its supposed to do it automatically I beleive. As far as playback is concerned also beware of the ram hungry flash player. We stream broadband Flash video so we had to come up with the software to modify swf's so the player can reclaim ram as it plays. a 3MB swf over a minute of time can consume as much as 100MB of ram

cheers

JP

Re: Opps

Originally posted by Delta54321
    I meen "FINDER" not"LOADER"

"FINDER" Where is it?
    I had the same problem, "finder" is for apple mac's i think its like windows explorer??
    I reinstalled flash when i had the same memory problem, i have 384mb sdram and the movie was 300k,
    I put it down to a corrupt flash file?
    Hope this helps(comming from an utter flash newbie)
    Les

I got the same problem. My .fla file is only 14megs and i dont have any action script in the movie. I went to open it and got that. The part that puzzles me is I have 1 gig of memory on this computer. (memory is cheap now figured I should take advantage) I mean come one 1 gig isnt enough! Maybe its a problem with XP. Who knows. If anyone figures this out let me know thanks!