A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash on websites

when you have a page up in flash, how do you allow it to continually stay up there? for example let's say i have a flash website, of a car zooming left to right... over and over again. do i have to keep repeating this process in my flash time frame so that i keep repeating the process again and again to infinity in the time frame or is there a way to after everything is finished, it loops back to a certain part and plays it again? can it go back not to the beginning, but just where the series of frames starts when the car starts moving?

anybody get what i mean...

k. depending on how long the person stays at one page, you never know, so is there a way to keep the page there and animating forever? without having to continually repeat stuff in your time frame?

Sure...just put a gotoAndPlay("yourlabel") script at the end of your movie. Insert a label at whatever frame you want the animation to loop, and refer to it in your gotoAndPlay script.

Hope this helps!

..script? would that be script as in action script...? is there another way to do it un-actionscript-y?

thanx for your help, anyways.

Action Scripting Is easy

what u have to do is go to what ever frame you want to loop from. Make sure this is a key frame (one with a dot in it) You right click on this choose actions. Up pops a box with a txt box in it. So then u look at the menu on the side of the window. Press on actions or basic actions choose the action you want in this case goto click on it and it inserts some code for you. Make sure the goto and play checkbox is checked. Then fill in the values you need. All you need to do is put the frame No. you want to link back to.
    What will happen is the movie will play and then when it gets to the frame with the action on it will do what it says, in this case link back to the beging. This will enable you to have your movie loop forever.

Another thing you could try is the loop check box on the right click menu of your flash movie. This should play the movie again and again. But the action script route is the better way to go. The macromidia help thing that comes with flash (Actionscript Refrence)- help menu Is a resonably good intro to action script.