A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: button hit area problem ....

right this is really getting to me so i thought i'd put it up so everyone can solve it and put an end to my misery because it's the only thing which is wrong with a page i've just made.....here goe's..

i have 5 movie clips on the main timeline all on their seperate layers (that would be 5 layers in total then) and they only last for one frame. all of them have a button inside of them. 4 of them are working fine but 1 is a bit screwed. if i go into the movie clip, then edit the button and say forinstance my buttons were just plain squares and i set the hit point as a large circle (which i did to all the other buttons) when i go and test the movie only the part of the circle outside of the square is clickable and active in mouse over. This happens even if the square is not drawn in the hit point and if i set the hit point as the square then a hand appears when you go over it (to show it is a button) but you cannot click it ?????

has anyone ever had this problem before ??

all help is appreciated in advance

cheers
    mike

------------------
    Take advantage of what you have because you could loose it in a second.....21/03/00
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000773.swf" quality=high WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Sound freeky, let me see the file if you dont mind. I like to look at strange stuff. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Is it possible that you accidentally edit the square out of the circle in the hit frame of the button? That way the actual hit area would be the circle minus the inscribed square...

Is it possible that you accidentally edited the square out of the circle in the hit frame of the button? That way the actual hit area would be the circle minus the inscribed square...

I have tried using the square as the hit area and the circle on it's own and both and every other combination i could think of

i'll send pope the file and see if he can solve it

cheers for the help ...if anyone has any other idea's im sure we'd all like to know whats wrong with it

mike

------------------
    Take advantage of what you have because you could loose it in a second.....21/03/00
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000773.swf" quality=high WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>