A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

download termination error STILL

i have the latest flash player & plugin (v6r79) and i think i'm still experiencing the download termination error. But only on Macs. When i start streaming a sound, i cannot stop it from streaming. If i try to load another sound, it will not load until the previous one finishes. But this only happens after a couple of tracks have been selected. I have a good example of a stripped down player which shows bytes loaded and bytes total. You can see it sit there with a bytes loaded of 0 until the previous sound finishes streaming. then it will begin to load the new sound.

you need to report this as a bug to Macromedia.

traffic/cache

Great stuff on this thread!

I would like to add an mp3 player for background music to my flash movie.

I was wondering how streamed mp3's add up to the bandwidth (traffic).
    Suppose someones visites my feature site and plays the 4 mp3's (let's say with total of 12 mb)(streamed). After track no 4, track no 1 is automatically played etc. Does this mean that if the visitor stays for 2 hours, he or she will generate a lot of traffic or are the mp3's (temp dir.) once downloaded (streamed) played again out of the visitors cache?
    And what happens if he or she comes back to my site 2 days later. If the mp3's are still in the visitors cache, is it played from there or has everything to be loaded again of the server? (and creating traffic).

Thanks for anyone answering the above!

flash loads all media into cache. the file plays once from server then subsequently from cache, until the browser empties cache. then file reloads from server.