dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preloader Problem, will pay $50 to help.

OK guys and gals, here is the scoop.
    I represent a real company on the net and my client has thrown me a curve ball. I have created her flash site and a movie for the preloader but there is some advanced coding needed to make the preloader to do what I want, I think. I have hit my deadline and need some assistance ASAP. IE the 50 bucks to help me out. If she wants changes or tweaks you must be available to do so in a timely fashion.

THE DEAL:

$50 to provide me with a WORKING script to make the movie act the way it should.
    If the code does not work...YOU DON'T GET PAID.
    I will hold on to the fla file and you must instruct me what code to add and where.

The site was designed with flash 5.

THE CONCEPT:

The movie I am using for the preloader is approximately 251 frames long and there is 5 phrases that slide across the screen. There is also a sun the is constantly rising up the screen the entire time. This is the first scene of her site.

What I want to happen is, as the main site is loading the preloader will move accordingly. What I mean is, when the site is 20% loaded the sun will have moved up the screen and revel the first phrase, When the site is 40% loaded the sun will have move up and reveled the 2nd phrase, so on and so forth until we get to the 5 phrase where it holds for a bit.
    The entire time the sun is moving.

NOW KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS SITE WILL BE ACCESSED ONLY BY PEOPLE WITH DSL, CABLE, T1 AND T3 LINES. So the phrases must stick for a bit before they disappear.

The site takes about around 20 seconds to load (on a T1).

I am open to creative ideas on how to get this accomplished.

If interested, email me at: flashcontact@mediaranch.net
    Send URLs of your work. I will contact the person that I feel can assist me on this project.

Thanks.

Dynamic Systems, Inc. mikaelian's Avatar
    Originally posted by twinke
    OK guys and gals, here is the scoop.
    I represent a real company on the net and my client has thrown me a curve ball. I have created her flash site and a movie for the preloader but there is some advanced coding needed to make the preloader to do what I want, I think. I have hit my deadline and need some assistance ASAP. IE the 50 bucks to help me out. If she wants changes or tweaks you must be available to do so in a timely fashion.

THE DEAL:

$50 to provide me with a WORKING script to make the movie act the way it should.
    If the code does not work...YOU DON'T GET PAID.
    I will hold on to the fla file and you must instruct me what code to add and where.

The site was designed with flash 5.

THE CONCEPT:

The movie I am using for the preloader is approximately 251 frames long and there is 5 phrases that slide across the screen. There is also a sun the is constantly rising up the screen the entire time. This is the first scene of her site.

What I want to happen is, as the main site is loading the preloader will move accordingly. What I mean is, when the site is 20% loaded the sun will have moved up the screen and revel the first phrase, When the site is 40% loaded the sun will have move up and reveled the 2nd phrase, so on and so forth until we get to the 5 phrase where it holds for a bit.
    The entire time the sun is moving.

NOW KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS SITE WILL BE ACCESSED ONLY BY PEOPLE WITH DSL, CABLE, T1 AND T3 LINES. So the phrases must stick for a bit before they disappear.

The site takes about around 20 seconds to load (on a T1).

I am open to creative ideas on how to get this accomplished.

If interested, email me at: flashcontact@mediaranch.net
    Send URLs of your work. I will contact the person that I feel can assist me on this project.

Thanks.

Hmmm... The problem you are posting is too simple. I cannot accep mony for such a simple thing. I would suggest you to read the flash5 help and you will find answers to your question. You should simply use the ifframeisloaded command.

Contact me via e-mail (not this board) and we will find a solution.

Vahagn

Am I too late??

...but having done that, if you still have problems I can offer my assistance.

Check out the Flash intros for my site...
    (http://e-volve.hypermart.net)

You may have already solved this problem. If not, it is relatively easy. You set the percent loaded (assuming you are tracking this) to position the sun at a set coordinate. example

If percent = 40;
    setProperty ("sun",_y, percent);

FK Official Postman
    Or, if you have 5 phases, just divide the total number of pixels that the sun must travel (_y) by 5, and use a bunch of

Code:
    if ((_root._framesloaded / __root._totalframes) == xpercentage) {
        setProperty ("sun", _y, (xpercentage/100) / suntotaldistance);
    }
    statements.