A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Javascript in Flash EXE

Is there a way to embed javascript into a Flash EXE files? Either from external js file or i somehow make it inside Flash itself.

Thanks.

Hi,

why wouldn't you just make a swf and html - everybody seems to have a browser these days...

Musicman

Eh, mister smarty pants, if i had a browser on disposal i would not ask this

This is presumed to go on CD as EXE because maybe customer has no browser (or F5 player).

So, i need EXE and i need JS.

Possible?

I dont know whether your CD is specific to a windows audience, but in general I believe there are more people not running Windows (e.g Mac or Linux) than there are without a browser.
    Maybe you can convert the javascript to actionscript and run it inside flash - if it is doing something that cannot be done in flash, you would need a browser anyway

Musicman

Well, if for nothing else i need EXE because i cannot count on people to have F5 player installed and i cannot force them to install it.

I need to pop up a browser window with specific parameters (scroll bars ... etc).

JS can do it, Flash by itself cannot. So, if i could somehow link from outside JS (stupid example: loadvariable js/myscript.js ?!).

Argh. Flash6 where are you!!! ...

Well, if for nothing else i need EXE because i cannot count on people to have F5 player installed and i cannot force them to install it.

I need to pop up a browser window with specific parameters (scroll bars ... etc).

JS can do it, Flash by itself cannot. So, if i could somehow link from outside JS (stupid example: loadvariable js/myscript.js ?!).

Argh. Flash6 where are you!!! ...

Sorry, the only way to call external javascript methods is by having the swf embedded in a web page. The browser is the host for the Javascript.

Sorry for the double post up there.

Anyway, that is what i was afraid of. But, can i somehow pop up a browser window from EXE? Nop?