dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: resolution resolutions?

Hi,

I have a flash file of size 780x434. This fits exactly in the browser window in 800x600. The trouble is I don't know what to do for higher resolutions.

I'm using jpgs for backgrounds so if I put the flash file to 100% in a higher resolution I lose the quality of the image. I also don't want to use a pop-up window.

What do you suggest I do? Should I just centre it onscreen at its normal size and put in a background image or just accept the loss of quality and put it at 100%?

Whats the best thing to have in the background so that it looks well but dosent distract?

Thanks for any advice

i wouldn't size it up, there doesn't seem to be any good reason to do this. I would keep it at a set size in a browser window with a flat bg colour. What colour depends on the look of your movie, you may want to use a contrasting colour to set off your movie, or a complementary colour to blend in with your movie. Experiment and see what works.

remember that most users at 800x600 won't have their browsers maximised so your careful sizing won't necessarily mean scroll free viewing.

Smile

Try to do this:

In your index.html, on the OBJECT script,as folows:

<OBJECT classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0,0"
    WIDTH=550 HEIGHT=400>
    <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="test.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#FFFFFF> <EMBED src="test.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH=550 HEIGHT=400 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED>
    </OBJECT>

change this values:
    WIDTH=100% HEIGHT=100%
    Remember that there's TWO places to change this values!!!!That way your page will FITS in ANY resolution, and will be ALWAYS showed in full BROWSER's screen(not FULL SCREEN), you can rezize the browser's screen and the swf will rezise within!
    []'s
    Lex Rookie-One => Brazilian Flash Programmer