A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: its all about PacMan

Hi everyone, I never understood what is the logic which moves the ghosts in the game PacMan. Is it a math algorithm ?
    Have fun.
    Mad-sci

im not sure that i can really help, but heres something to think about.

i seen a tutorial about giving an item a start position and then telling where to get to, and avoid obstacles on the way to its destination.

during this process it has to avoid obstacles, and the tutorial advised on how the item would get to its destination and avoid colliding, or by moving around the obstacles, sounds like it figures out the shortest route to where it needs to get to.

(if youve ever played command and conquer youll have an idea what i mean)

so in the game of pacman, i suppose the target for the ghost is the player and the ghost has to determine the most feasable route to that player (which is always changing)

ill try finding that artice i read, and get back to ya, either here or ill send it to ya by mail.

sorry bout the vagueness :< DaZ

Hay DaZ, look after I posted this msg. I found an article which deals with so called Path-finding strategy. Unfortunatly this was a class of Math. which I did not understand. Realy heavy stuff. So I tought about proximity range what I mean is that all bad guys will have a pre-made path like a Tween anim. but when some of them is to close to the target ( player ) will switch to follow mode see what I mean.
    TNX man
    Mad-sci