A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash 6, Keep it on the DL??????

Just seams like yesterday Colins DGAS was released and now Im hearing about Flash 6, I have even viewed some of the screenshots of the new program. Im just wondering if in 4 or 5 months when i finally finish and understand completely everything in colins book if there will be a version 6 for the book. Does anyone know of any books that will be available around May which will be when 6 is supose to come out??? And what should we expect from the new release. here are some links for Flash6 screenshots........as I now check my favorites links to see what the url is.... doh what happened??

damn seems that the links I had are not showing the screenshots or giving any info.. just this message:
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    I strongly suggest to anybody that knows or has seen anything of the flash 6 beta, that they keep it to themselves, dont make it public and dont pass it around. Ive removed the links after being nicely asked by Macromedia Flash Development. They were nice to me, but might not be so tolerant with others. They are watching us! Respect there hardwork and dont piss them off.

posted by Guy Watson at 2:16 AM
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Whats going on thats kind of wierd. Im kinda pissed now I wanted to look at that ****e again the got some cool new features. Can anyone shed some light on this??

tsk tsk tsk

dontcha know yer not allowed to mention the 'f-6' word at FK???

you be in trouble now...

~runs and hides under the table~

Originally posted by TianaKaeSha
    ...'f-6' word ...
    ROFLMAO.. that's FK's new "F" word... lol

Smile

ohhhh goody free f6

<mod edit> there is no such thing really. And we allow don't discussion of warez in any way here. Best you re-read them rules again</mod edit>

a glimmer in blazes eye shines a spark of hope and a glem of pure greed rub rub hands

[Edited by david petley on 11-28-2001 at 01:49 AM]

ok !

I'm not sure i understand the rules very well in here !!

We're not releasing out private infos when we link to official flash info pages...is this a f***** crime ???

ok, to anyone who's interested into flash 6... PLEASE DON'T POST ANY LINK TO WAREZ OR SCREENSHOT....DON'T POST ANY FAKE NEWS !!!!

But i'm trully convinced that i'm perfectly ok with FK rules when i say: go and check www.flashmagazine.com to have news about this new version of flash !!!

beefo

Stop worrying

Stop worrying about F6, You can sign up for the beta testing at Macromedia. That's about it at the moment, let's stay in the today and worry about getting everything we need done in Flash 5 please. In a coupkle of months we'll be hammered by threads when it is actually released and then we all can talk sense because we have a hard copy....

Re: Stop worrying

Originally posted by subman
    In a couple of months we'll be hammered by threads when it is actually released and then we all can talk sense because we have a hard copy....
    ...i'm already bored of it even before we've seen it. but yeah.. eventually, we'll make sense out of it

THATS STRANGE I DONT REMEMBER BRINGing UP WAREZ AS A MATER A FACT I HATE WAREZ THERE THE MOST UNSAFE WEB SITE USEALY HAVE VIRUSES

I think you need glasses not to be rude but i know rules no links to warez sites nor any crack sites or linking to boot leg software or just use common scence no hate topics of race riligion or sex prefrencess ect it the same on evry message bord i been to.

<mod edit> mr blaze - in case you haven't figured it out yet - we will not allow the sharing of information relating to warez on these boards.
    This is not a public place and you do not have freedom of speech here. We will decide what posts are viewed here.
    If you have problems with this, feel free to email me to discuss or alternatively.....go and find somewhere that will satisfy your urge to support illegal software use.
    again, in case you still haven't got it....
    NO WAREZ HERE, NO WAREZ REQUESTS HERE, NO WAREZ OFFERS HERE.
    david p.</mod edit>

[Edited by david petley on 11-28-2001 at 05:34 AM]

I algree 100% sub man where do i sighen up subman wheres the pg ill sighn up for beta testing

Here it is

http://www.macromedia.com/support/programs/beta.html

Here we go, this is for all beta testing at macromedia...

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Mr Blaze,
    please read my comments in my edit to your thread above.
    Think about it....

david p.

David

I agree David, this is not the Wild Wild west... We shouldn't consider people to use the boards as a mean of supplying inaccurate and inappropiate knowledge. We all know where to go and look for it, so let's be real and professional and use this to make our bank accounts grow through the usefull information being shared on these boards..

I algree with subman

lol i did read it and i already algread i thought you notice sence i asked sub man for the link to be a beta tester secondly i didnt talk about warez ect you did lol but thx to you i lernd how to work with flash look at my sig way cool.

Ok ill never break youre rule even though i relly didnt but ill just stay alway frome topics like F6 Warning Warez And free

even though i never even started any of these threads

[Edited by MRBLAZE on 11-28-2001 at 07:39 AM]

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Originally posted by MRBLAZE
    I algree with subman

lol i did read it and i already algread i thought you notice sence i asked sub man for the link to be a beta tester secondly i didnt talk about warez ect you did lol but thx to you i lernd how to work with flash look at my sig way cool.
    Ok ill never break youre rule even though i relly didnt but ill just stay alway frome topics like F6 Warning Warez And free
    even though i never even started any of these threads
    [Edited by MRBLAZE on 11-28-2001 at 07:39 AM]
    requesting someone send you an illegal copy of the beta is a request for warez. DON'T YOU GET IT?? WHICH BIT DIDN"T YOU UNDERSTAND??

behave or begone, too simple. I have no time for playing silly games with you.
    david p.

guess its time to start patrolling the ol' boards a lil more and stay away from the donuts

FK Board Crew
    Originally posted by MRBLAZE
    I algree 100% sub man where do i sighen up subman wheres the pg ill sighn up for beta testing
    i dont think they let everyone sign up to be a beta tester you know, i think there are only a few hundred places, and im not saying your new to flash, but you might be and i think they only let advanced flashers have a copy

on the beta testing: Yes, it's most likely highly skilled Flash users, and well known industry people that participate in the beta testing. They want people who have shown a tremendous level of skill, and who they know will put the new program to the test to iron out bugs and such.
    Sorry, but the average joe isn't likely going to become a beta tester.

The reason I say this is because I wonder why some people sound like they'd give their right arm to become one. Why? So many people haven't even figured out 1/4 of what can be done with Flash 5-how is their testing software going to be a benefit to Macromedia? Macromedia, and other companies, when doing beta testing, are looking for highly skilled people who use Flash day in and day out, not people who do it here and there, or are not yet figuring that much out.

I'm only bringing this up to try and make the point that beta testing software is meant to be a benefit to the manufacturer-not a way for just about anyone to get a ahold of new software before it comes out. Besides-what do you think a beta version is?

A> A pre-release version containing bugs to be given a thourough test in many ways by people who know what to look for in terms of problems with it, and already know the existing version inside and out.

B> A way to get the newest version before everyone else in the hopes that you get to "see it" before most other people.

If you chose B, well, I doubt you'd make a good beta tester. They're not looking for you. They're looking for "A."

Patience...Flash 6 will have new things, but I get the general feeling that there are some people feeling that because there's a new version coming out soon, Flash 5 is obselete and worthless. Wrong. If not agreeing with that, please show us that you can no longer accomplish anything with Flash 5, that you've done everything that can be done with it and that you're a total genious.

mg33
    [Edited by mg33 on 11-28-2001 at 11:49 PM]

FK Junkie
    I agree with mike, beta testing isn't as fun as it sounds. I have been a part of several closed beta tests, and have been on the other side as well (work at a software company that betas it's new releases). It is meant as an extension of the QA/Testing process, and has ups and downs for both sides. Beta testers get to use the new software for free before it is released and get a better channel for input into the software program, but have to spend a lot of time dealing with, and reporting bugs or enhancement requests. The software company gets the benifit of extended testing at low costs, but has to cater to the beta testers, and try to keep it from being released publicly.

In short, signing up for the beta isn't all its cracked up to be unless you use the heck out of flash 5 right now (as mike already said), and trading a closed beta (like flash 6) is the same as trading warez, neither of which are allowed at flashkit.

thanks

OK everyone chill.
    Im just curious as is everyone. Me talking about Flash 6 Flash 6 Flash 6 Flash 6 Flash 6 Flash 6 Flash 6 ,,..... is not going to make people think Flash 5 is going obsolete.. GENIUS! We all still get up everyday go to work and use Flash 5 for atleast another 6-8 more months. Just wanted to get some more info on the subject, And thanks to Flashmagazine I did. Im just an avid user of Flash who dedicates his time to knowing AMAP about Flash. I am very excited about the Folders/Layers and property inspectors and yes I also hope they will convert back to flash 4 "style" in some areas. And to the guy who is already sick of hearing about it,(6) maybe you need to find a new interest and forum besides FK. I really didnt think this thread would get out of hand and it still hasn't all I wanted was a link (thanks beefo) to check out some of the features. there are no betas out yet so there is no way we (I) are violating the FK rules (Tiefight). I think its possible to have a discussion about this w/out acting like children (Of Course Im Not Referring To Anyone Here). Lets keep our posts posotive and talk about things we may want to see in the new package, until then Ill be bangin out code in Flash 5 because I still gots love!

Can someone post the legit links. I know there are others

You leave your thread for a day and look what happens....

doh!
    [Edited by xxcell1 on 11-29-2001 at 01:31 AM]

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Hehe, Daivd Petley is a cowboy :P