dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: problem with Netscape

Developer
    hey i got a question:

I've made a new homepage for me in Flash. It got a preloader and if i vistit the Site with Explorer everything works fine BUT if i visit the Site with Netscape it seems like that the site isnt working the right way !!!

http://www.flavor-4-real.com .. if u click on the Bottom on the DOT after last update .... then u will get to the test area where the Flash site is..

Please respond

Flavor

worked in Netscape 6.2

Pretty nice, but it did take forever to download. I am, like most people, still on a dialup. You might want to break it apart into several smaller movies so it starts quicker.

Developer
    hmm i will try but it's the first page i've made in Flash and it's kinda wild though

not bad, if you want to make your page a little more dynamic mail me and I'll give you my browser detection script... you can redirect the user to any page depending on what browser ei or netscape and what version. Tha way you can use your start page as eye candy rather than "if you have this ****ty browser (netscape) click over here. I HATE NETSCAPE.... thats why I made this script. if you want it

matt_robitaille@canada.com