A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: hey aversion...

FK Resident Amazon

Originally posted by jlmoore7
    Here is a different one with the candles.

OK I'll get that one up on the site after a few more people post new pics... that way I can do batches of pics at one time...

that OK for everybody?

Thanks for puttin up the site chelle...

as for tips...I never have a plan......just try out stuff. Sometimes it comes out good, sometimes it sucks.

as for this tennis stuff....I suck at tennis

Originally posted by calpomatt
    Thanks for puttin up the site chelle...

as for tips...I never have a plan......just try out stuff. Sometimes it comes out good, sometimes it sucks.

as for this tennis stuff....I suck at tennis
    yeah thanks cheele

And calpomatt u love tis Photoshop tennis...trust me on it

Well...it's gonna be a while before I can even touch Photoshop again.

I'm leaving for a roadtrip to Canada in about 4 hours
    (it's 3am right now).

After that...I'll be back at home with my parents a little bit. It's not worth taking my computer down. I'm gonna be doin random trips with friends most of the time.

So until January....no more PS for me.

Have fun with my picture though..

- Matt

Here's my latest photoshop venture: http://www.calpomatt.lavista.org/Rust.jpg

I was trying to get a rust effect.

It's for a site idea: http://www.calpomatt.lavista.org/Rust.swf

Ok...well I am tore up from playing drinking games and have about 15 hours of driving tomorrow so peace out!

how ya´ll like it?

feel free to mess about with something i scanned on couple days ago

http://www.not2advanced.com/images/gurdas/nike.jpg

be interesting to see what ppl could come up with.

raising hell to the next level

ya very intresting indeed... :rolleeys:

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0LAAiIOMPCF!N4cYgWK*T*ody3ZhodwmepEFJ*Vn6XkRnoB9tE t5Rc9ZcBXKWvn3pkevxsagH6H0/nike.jpg[/img]

if you guys are interested in creating a project photoshop tennis is a good idea and i also dig the versus project at cubadust

http://www.cubadust.com/versus/index.htm

it's supposed to be in a 800x600 window.

i like this idea of merging images together, and what a series of images!! Beautiful stuff in there.

Personally, I'd prefer a project like this - where you were given a theme instead of a specific picture.

Maybe it would be a good long-side competition (collabration? better word maybe), as both are good learning tools.

Originally posted by marcus_from_hell
    ya very intresting indeed... :rolleeys:

very nice

Originally posted by Lauradot
    Personally, I'd prefer a project like this - where you were given a theme instead of a specific picture.

Maybe it would be a good long-side competition (collabration? better word maybe), as both are good learning tools.
    i agree, if you're playing PS tennis you can take a theme and just go with it. The thing with PS tennis is you have to have a good opponent in the sense that if they're not building and manipulating what you put down, and you doing the same with his/her stuff, then it gets boring. There's little satisfaction in producing something and getting back the new image with no trace or reference to what you put down left.. except in exceptional cirumstances there's no imagination in that (i once saw someone respond with something really cheesy and the volley was a blank screen with a windows error message on it putting the opponent in no doubt what was thought of their imagination!), the whole point of playing tennis is that you're responding to your opponents hits, you're not just playing with yourself.

some of the best tennis matches i've seen have had some really clever and witty replies, skewing what came before or just plain making fun of it

[Edited by aversion on 12-17-2001 at 02:11 AM]

Originally posted by aversion

some of the best tennis matches i've seen have had some really clever and witty replies, skewing what came before or just plain making fun of it
    could u please point to the forum/thread/site where the above mentioned PS tennis can be seen??

Originally posted by force10x

could u please point to the forum/thread/site where the above mentioned PS tennis can be seen??
    there are lots of different photoshop tennis sites out there, this one is probably the best http://www.coudal.com/

there are some of the best designers playing on there, gmunk, joshua davis, mike cina, etc

FK Resident Amazon

something ocurred to me... when y'all were talking about the 21st, did you mean dec. or jan. ? because if its dec. then this thing is almost over and there are alot of peeps who said they would put in work who haven't... plus it's the holidays... if indeed it was dec shouldn't we extend the deadline till after the new year? or does anybody care? or were you talking about jan? in which case we are cool. i am a little caught up in trying to get holiday related issues taken care of myself... i'm down to toss this up for a vote on the 21st, but seems like there is alot going on right now that might keep people from posting their work... i do wanna put this thing to a vote for fun, and then maybe a discussion/display of people's techniques afterwards... whatchyall think???

here's a link to a pic I made not too long after the WTC-attacks: http://www.geocities.com/jlodder/hypocresy.JPG

I'd like to add that it might be disturbing or otherwise offensive to some ppl even though that was/is not my intention. If you deem it neccesary I'll gladly explain the whole idea behind it, specially as it might just clear up any misunderstaning. You'll find my ICQ nr in my profile...
    I'm not posting it here coz it's not something that I can easily put into words...

It's the first time I used transparencies in a big way in PS, and I'm rather pleased with the end result.
    Feel free to put it up anywhere else or whatever, and please tell me if you do so...

no pic man, just a geocities page.

raising hell to the next level

Originally posted by Chelle2008
    something ocurred to me... when y'all were talking about the 21st, did you mean dec. or jan. ? because if its dec. then this thing is almost over and there are alot of peeps who said they would put in work who haven't... plus it's the holidays... if indeed it was dec shouldn't we extend the deadline till after the new year? or does anybody care? or were you talking about jan? in which case we are cool. i am a little caught up in trying to get holiday related issues taken care of myself... i'm down to toss this up for a vote on the 21st, but seems like there is alot going on right now that might keep people from posting their work... i do wanna put this thing to a vote for fun, and then maybe a discussion/display of people's techniques afterwards... whatchyall think???

[/B]
    extend... jan21 i need more time damn it

So, we can pick and picture we like, as long as we post it up here? Hm, this is much more open ended, I might have a go.

Originally posted by aversion
    no pic man, just a geocities page.

Huh? What're you talking about? When I click on the link I go to the pic... not the webpage...