dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: layers (

is it impossible to make a layer display on top of a flash movie? (using <div> tags) even if i put the movie on one layer and, say, some text on another with a higher z-index it will not display on top. please help, thanks so much.
    Dan

Originally posted by doubleoseven
    is it impossible to make a layer display on top of a flash movie? (using <div> tags) even if i put the movie on one layer and, say, some text on another with a higher z-index it will not display on top. Dan
    I believe you can do that in Dreamweaver.

Insert your flash file(s). then insert a layer on top of your flash movie and place it where ever you like.

Why are you trying to put text over your flash movie? just curious..

almightysounds
    mtkleven@yahoo.com

cuz

you ask why? i'm using the flash movie as a background and just felt like making the pages layers instead of doing everything in flash (that way, when i want to edit a page, change a word or whatever, i can just open up notepad and type instead of booting up flash. my computer is slow as hell.) so basically, just personal preference.
    Dan

nope, not possible

nope, apparently it is not possible, the flash movie will always display on top. damn!
    (if anyone ever figures out how it can be done, let me know)

Try Generator for what you are trying to do...

You can upload text content through generator.

I haven't gotten it to work yet, but I'm still trying.
    You can get help on generator at the macromedia site or there is a board here on flashkit.

almightysounds