A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: VERY newbie, but probably easy to answer question

I'm at the very beginning of understanding the basics of 3d Flash Animator. I wanted to start with, what I thought would be, a very simple exercise: making a movie that shows a 3d text coming from behind you, passing you, and (almost) disappear in the distance in front of you. In other words: a simple movement of an object along one line passing the 'camera' position (which is far from difficult to create in '3D Studio Max' for example). I have no idea however how to place/move the 3d text towards/from the camera position at keyframe 1 in the first place...

If not a straight answer to this question, are there any tutorials that can show me the way?

Thx :-)

Show

Originally posted by lightson00
    I'm at the very beginning of understanding the basics of 3d Flash Animator. I wanted to start with, what I thought would be, a very simple exercise: making a movie that shows a 3d text coming from behind you, passing you, and (almost) disappear in the distance in front of you. In other words: a simple movement of an object along one line passing the 'camera' position (which is far from difficult to create in '3D Studio Max' for example). I have no idea however how to place/move the 3d text towards/from the camera position at keyframe 1 in the first place...

If not a straight answer to this question, are there any tutorials that can show me the way?

Thx :-)

I think you should try using a show event. Try this.

Click the second button from the left next to the element(smiley Face). This turns off the showing of the element at the start of your movie. Now highlight the 3d text and click add event. Use Show Element and set the Scale from to a really large number like 400. Then Add a Hide event and make scaled to a small number. Next make sure you add enough delay between the two events so that they do not overlap in the timeline. And Viola you should have it.

Thanks Blanius, that helped me on my way...

:-)