A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Making a blur/haze for light sabers... is that possible?

On the show screen savers they showed how to make a movie with light sabers in it. Ther used Adobe After Effects to draw boxes around the "pvc piping light saber" in each frame. Go to http://www.dvgarage.com for more. They then blured the white boxes and added a second colored layer that was larger and even more transparent and blurred. So what i've done is drawn the boxes and insted of making two layers (even though if i need to i could) i made the stoke the color of the saber and the inside white. Well needless to say i know no way of making either the stoke or fill blurred. If there is any way that would allow me to do this and have the quicktime movie in the backround that would rock... hope this isn't a stumper... and tutorials, plug-ins, etc. would be kick'en!
    Thanx!

not a probelm, give a couple of hours, as I'm working
    on an important project.
    I did it as a multimedia project, its very cool.

Ill post my files, examples, tutorial, and some resource sites, and a program that I heard about that will do this as well.

Rogue

this first link on the below page isn't working anymore.
    http://www.fmotion.net/sw
    the rest of the links are related site and effect tutes.

at the bottom is a video file of some guy I downloaded waving around a lightsaber stick (before effect), I applied the effect to it, in photoshop and premiere.
    >>turn up your speakers.
    -=

so here is the file from my archives, it is the PS 5.5 (you need 5.5), you can try PS 6 but I don;t think they will work.The zip is light saber actions for PS, and some starwars pictures to try them on.
    http://www.rogueelement.net/lia-pictures.zip

also check out AlamDV.com, for effect software.

>>>I have a whole zipped file of light saber sound effects
    if anybody wants it, i will post it.

Rogue

Good luck

also if you only have PS6, and the actions won't work, try adobe.com action exchange, and look for neon light action, they look the same.
    [Edited by roguenroll on 12-05-2001 at 07:53 PM]

thats cool... i was wondering though if it was possible to do something like what was done in Flash... because i, at this point, do not have Photoshop. I do have fireworks... and can export each frame individually and make them with the desired effect... but i'm looking for a short cut. the zip file of light saber sound effects sounds chill... that would be cool to get, and probably would speed up things too... i guess thats all.. thanx for the help-