A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: graphics problem

finky fonk
    hello people - i have an effect that I want to create - basically I would like to create a "Litchenstein/comic book" effect - not the drawing style but the use of small circles to create shading. Maybe a better way of describing it would be if something printed (newspaper image) was blown up - the image would be built up of loads of black circles varying in size according to shade.

I see this effect everywere so khow there must be a shortcut to creating it - I have played around with photoshop filters and not created what I was after. The only alternative I can think of is to spend a long time doing it by hand in illustrator.

Can anyone help me? Or maybe suggest a photoshop resourse site?

cheers people

finky fonk
    I found out how to do it so no replys are required......

Okay so how 'bout sharing the find. I'm actually curious on this myself.

finky fonk
    Originally posted by megatoon
    Okay so how 'bout sharing the find. I'm actually curious on this myself.

ok - here you go - to get the best effect your image has to be flattened ( so no images floating on a layer above flat colour), give your image a bit of gaussian blur ( you dont always need this but this filter workes best without sudden sharp edges) then make sure the image you are working with is grayscale (or bitmap/RGB) then use the 'color halftone' filter within the 'pixelate' drop down menu. you can control the 'dot' size with this filter.

for best results play around with the image size as well as the filter controls.

hope that all makes sense

le fink