A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A few questions b4 I purchase Swift 3d

I posted this in the 3d forum as well, but was told to post it in this one as well, as it might get a better response.

Okay, I am looking at SWIFT as an add-on for my design library (I already have Flash and PSP7 if anyone cared)..I would pobably buy V2, but I need no know...bout how long it takes to master. I would need to make a few space ship designs for a game I am making as well as just general 3d graphics for my websites etc. I was woundering what can I all do and how hard is it for someone that is a beginner in in 2D work. Here is my latest 2D work...although not my best.

And

Thanks, and any comments on the above graphics would also be greatly appreciated.

onlinegs.com,

Hard to give a definitive time...different for everyone. Overall the learning curve for Swift 3D is very minimal, especially compared to other 3D programs. The program is very intuitive. Furthermore, the boards, tutorials, manual and support make the learning process painless. The hardest part of 3D programs is working in a x,y and z environment. If your mind can concur the 3D environment you will have no problems. Keep us updated on the journey. Good luck!

-cubedflash
    erain support

Create 3D Flash!

hello

hello onlinegs.com

I would say swift 3D v2 is easier to use than most 3d progies out there i myself am a MAX user, but i have seen that strata studio has but out a rich media version which incorporates the RAV x plug from erain (a really easy 3D app)

But back to the topic it is easier than must if not all 3D apps because it converts 3D meshes or models to 2D therefore you don't have to worry about all the other setting associated w/rendering 3D.

Curious what is the second piece of art you have on your post?

cheers

smallrobot

Originally posted by:smallrobot
    Curious what is the second piece of art you have on your post?
    It is futuritic space ship for a game I am makin sooner or later, but I think the game would look a lot cooler in 3D. Oh, and btw the game is made in Flash....