dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or....

Lightbulb

Is it just me or should those people who ring that bell and ask you for money (no not the homeless person at the corner of State and Lake, the one's dress in the Santa outfit. No, not the homeless person at the corner of Dearborn and Randolph. The ones that stand outside of store's. No, not any of thoese! YOU KNOW THE ONE'S IM TALKING ABOUT!!!)... Anyway, where was I? Oh yes! They should change that bell that goes ring-a-ding-ding to something else. I was thinking something like a giant gong. Just picture these people dress in a Santa suit standing outside with that small bucket asking you for money while hitting a giant gong. Everyone reading this would pay to see that, so put your money into that little red bucket. That way you get a good laugh and they get a buck in there bucket.

Not into gongs? Well, then there must be something wrong with you. Anyhoo, then lets use... hmm... what about a big kettle drum? They will be standing in front of a store, asking you for money, while going BANG BANG BANG on a giant kettle drum. Anyone who does like gongs (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) like's drums! I like them both and would pay to see them.

Thats an idea. Lets assmble a hole band for these buckets instead of a small little bell. You request a song, pay a few dollars, and out comes your choice of songs. Anyone who doesnt like gongs and/or drums (yeah, like thats possible) would love a band to play them any song they like.

say what!?

Read it over again

Originally posted by gurdas
    say what!?
    you know what this means don't cha
    commencing in 5...4...3...2...

[swf width="500" height="30" background="#000000"]http://geocities.com/gsidhuh/footers/hijack.swf[/swf].

*Everyone on the boards tackles you and puts there shirts over your heads*

*The moderators move in with the plastic handcuffs that are used in drug busts*

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

Originally posted by vampstko
    you know what this means don't cha
    commencing in 5...4...3...2...
    Hijacking???

<checking other threads> Well for cryin' out loud ... does not anyone get white elephant gifts? Or - God forbid ... no one cares???

Originally posted by NerdInside
    Is it just me or should those people who ring that bell and ask you for money (no not the homeless person at the corner of State and Lake, the one's dress in the Santa outfit. No, not the homeless person at the corner of Dearborn and Randolph. The ones that stand outside of store's. No, not any of thoese! YOU KNOW THE ONE'S IM TALKING ABOUT!!!)... Anyway, where was I? Oh yes! They should change that bell that goes ring-a-ding-ding to something else. I was thinking something like a giant gong. Just picture these people dress in a Santa suit standing outside with that small bucket asking you for money while hitting a giant gong. Everyone reading this would pay to see that, so put your money into that little red bucket. That way you get a good laugh and they get a buck in there bucket.

Not into gongs? Well, then there must be something wrong with you. Anyhoo, then lets use... hmm... what about a big kettle drum? They will be standing in front of a store, asking you for money, while going BANG BANG BANG on a giant kettle drum. Anyone who does like gongs (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) like's drums! I like them both and would pay to see them.

Thats an idea. Lets assmble a hole band for these buckets instead of a small little bell. You request a song, pay a few dollars, and out comes your choice of songs. Anyone who doesnt like gongs and/or drums (yeah, like thats possible) would love a band to play them any song they like.
    No offense dude, but thats the lamest idea Ive ever heard.

[swf width="500" height="30" background="#000000"]http://geocities.com/gsidhuh/footers/hijack.swf[/swf].
    gurdas your gonna have to let me use that .swf its perfect as for the hijacking ....MWAhahahahahahahaha it has all ready begun ..and lannie WTF are white elphante I've seen pink ones whooo hoooo

[swf width="400" height="30" background="#000000"]http://www.angelfire.com/il3/justinweb/alright.swf[/swf]

anybody remember the gong show? this thread would have been gonged after the third word

oh well. I'm back to posting questions about how to create custom edits in AfterEffects over on Adode's forums for my "home" movies

let's see who catches this one

You've never played the White Elephant game? Its fun!
    Everyone brings a funny gift and wraps it up, puts it in the middle. Then each person takes turns rolling the dice. If you get doubles, you get to open a gift, or you can steal a gift from someone else. Usually someone brings something real cool that everyone fights for.

My family plays this at Christmas time.

Originally posted by gerbick
    anybody remember the gong show? this thread would have been gonged after the third word

oh well. I'm back to posting questions about how to create custom edits in AfterEffects over on Adode's forums for my "home" movies

Lol! Still workin on how to take off the condom huh Gerbs?
    I dont think its possible!!!

if you wanted to know how to edit out condoms just ask :P

Excavating for a mine,

LMAO @ Gerbick Should have known that was really you

Originally posted by Visionray
    You've never played the White Elephant game? Its fun!
    Everyone brings a funny gift and wraps it up, puts it in the middle. Then each person takes turns rolling the dice. If you get doubles, you get to open a gift, or you can steal a gift from someone else. Usually someone brings something real cool that everyone fights for.

My family plays this at Christmas time.

See - you guys get funny stuff ... we just end up with ... weird stuff ... that was never really intended to be a white elephant gift at all ... I posted a thread here somewhere with a picture

White Elephant game is fun! It rocks. Everyone try to bring one gag gift and one nice gift. Like Visionray said, you put them in the middle and roll dice. Get 7 or 11, you open a gift or steal one from someone else if all the gifts are gone. Get doubles, roll again.

I came up with the "Electric plunger!". I got a cheap plunger and taped a cord to the handle. It return for every year after, will it be back this year? Find out on Dec. 26!

FK Resident Amazon

home movies eh?

let me guess, you are not going to let us see them are you?

Excavating for a mine,

Originally posted by Chelle2008
    home movies eh?

You need to check a diff thread Chelle ...

Originally posted by vampstko
    gurdas your gonna have to let me use that .swf its perfect as for the hijacking ....MWAhahahahahahahaha it has all ready begun ..and lannie WTF are white elphante I've seen pink ones whooo hoooo
    http://www.geocities.com/gsidhuh/footers/hijack.swf

width 500
    height 30

free to use, but only in extreme conditions

oh and gerb whats this about "home" movies heh?

Originally posted by Chelle2008
    home movies eh?

for a fee, yes