A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The Cow Game

Hybrid View

Talking

Ok guys ... I need some help, I have been developing a very simplistic game for a website in flash.

It involves finding several dragable instances of a movie and then dragging them into one area. What I want is to have a popup window/button (in Flash) to come up when all the instances have arrived in this area.

I have a feeling that I am on the right track by looking at the laser collision tutorial to check when individual instances are put e.g. over a button but I don't know how to count up the instances until they reach 8 for example, after which I need a message to pop up and say "Well Done, you rescued all the cows".

If anyone has any thoughts or idea's please please let me know.

------------------

Smile

You might want to put up a link to the game so someone could download it and help you with it.

Senior Moderator

To do this you need to either calculate the size of the area that you want all the instances to be in and then create a new movie clip in the first frame get the x & y co-ordinates of all the dragable movie clips and then have an if statement that says if dragableinstance1x=(area of box) and dragable instance1y=(area of box and dragable instance 2x=(area of box0 and so on and so forth then if the IF Statement is true do a begin tell target action to a movie clip which contains your pop up window OR you can use the drop target command
    if you need more help e-mail guywatson@btinternet.com or icq 71063418

[This message has been edited by FlashGuru (edited 29 May 2000).]

Hi folks,

I worked it out using one of the Tutorials on here on the intermediate section. I must have overlooked it before but I'm pretty happy with the results.

The method was pretty much exactly as you said FlashGuru.

I'll post the finnished URL in the site check area when I'm finally finnished.

Thanks Again,

------------------
    Andy,

www.quasarweb.com