A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: If Your Reading this Mad-Sci I Want To team Up With You To Create Pacman

Senior Moderator

Mad-Sci Seem As Though You really want to learn about the pathfinding thoery in the pacman game, how about I create the code for the game, you create the graphics and then we write a tutorial for the rest of the flashers, this way you will understand how pathfinding works and you can use it in many other games rather than tweens!!

Or If You want to Create A More Advanced And original game That No-One Has Created yet Then We Could Create Spyhunter or Lode Runner Or A Mutiplayer Pong Or A Multiplayer racer Whatever takes Your fancy But Whatever we create we must create a tutuorial!!what do you recon??? e-mail me if you wanna talk guywatson@btinternet.com

Hey FlashGuru everything sounds great one problem though I cant draw a strait line even in Flash. Im good with the AS not with graphs jydnas is helping me there. About the theory I do know the pathfinding and I experimented with it I found in diff. for coding and realy slows down the movie. I used node tracing using array sorting ( you know better than.. score system ) he he if you know an easy way let me know.
    Mad-Sci

Senior Moderator

depends if you want it to bypass obstacles or not if you then you must you a theory called the a+ theory which basically asks a movie clip if your new x or y position has an obstacle in its way if it does then you move to it and then around the object very complicated but useful!!or you can just get the difference between two points and then move the character this distance or you can do the same but with angles there are unlimited ways of doing things !!guywatson@btinternet.com i need to talk with you!!

Ouch man been there wish you luck with that kind of coding. I would sugest sending the coord from the obstacle to the player so it can adjust coords but its slow veeeeerrryyry slow.Jeez no tnx do it Ill enjoy playing it.
    Kidding of course.
    he he
    Mad-Sci

Senior Moderator

its Actually very Fast Mate No Slowness at all its faster than your space invaders game !! next time you create a game try and think of something original when i say original i dont mean make up a new game i mean create a classic in flash that nobody else has!!still asteroids is very good!! code is very simple though!!

Smile

You need graphics... im the man.

Here are my 2 websites

The Z Sect http://www7.ewebcity.com/zsect/default.htm
    Here is my first flash site.
    I have some games and some animations.
    2 more games will be added in a week.

Andrews Art And Music http://lightning.prohosting.com/~jydnas
    check out my artworks section
    if you want to see what i can do

I don't mind helping out.

[This message has been edited by jydnas (edited 31 May 2000).]